Southwest Louisiana Rifle and Pistol Club

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Moved to Jennings recently and looking to join a local range. I've been in contact with a guy who has a private range in Lake Arthur, but he's out from surgery for atleast a month or so. I've gotten in touch with the folks at the Eunice Rifle and Gun Club. They have a nice setup and seem like great folks, and I plan to join it soon. The issue is, I spend the majority of my free time lately fishing at Big Lake and the SWLA club is in that area. Their website says you must be nominated for membership by a current member, so I'm wondering if we have any BayouShooter members who also belong to this range? I emailed the president who suggested I attend one of their monthly meetings to try to get an "in" that way, and I'll probably do that. Figured I'd check here first though. You can PM me or email at 300blkhog@gmail.com if you don't want to post on the forum for whatever reason. Thanks for the help.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Have you looked at Lake Charles Gun Club on Ward Line Rd? It's not far from the Grand Lake area.

candrews86

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Lake Charles
    You need to come take a look at the Lake Charles Gun Club. It's $150 a year for a membership, the rifle range is set up for 25,50,100,150,200,300,400,500, and 600 yards. There are about 4 skeet shooting setups with a hi and lo house each. Pistol range as well.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    That perfect. I'm off tomorrow, will check it out in the AM. Are there any querks to joining? Like having to be recommended by someone else? Thanks for the heads up.

candrews86

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Lake Charles
    No querks, just money. :)

Lee Perkins runs the place, nice guy and I'm sure he'll show you around.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    That perfect. I'm off tomorrow, will check it out in the AM. Are there any querks to joining? Like having to be recommended by someone else? Thanks for the heads up.

No quirks that I know of...Not the fanciest of ranges, but on weekdays you can have it to yourself at times. Occasionally, they'll close for a few hours here and there for special groups but that's never been issue for me.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Good deal. Looks like the office is closed on the weekends, or I'd be headed there now. Guess I'll go fishing instead...

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Alright, I'm a card carrying member now. LC SWAT was out there this AM on the rifle range though, so I wasn't able to shoot before the weather turns.

Top Bottom