Seeking nominations for one person to get training

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    Moderators, please move this if it should go into a different area.

Kind of an unusual request, but we're going to do an episode of Gun Talk (the TV show) in the Baton Rouge area, and we need one person for this.

The short version is that we're going to take one person to the range for the day to train with carbine, pistol, and probably shotgun. We'll build a story line around it, but this will be real training, and fun also. The trainer is Chris Cerino (of Top Shot fame). Former law enforcement, Air Marshall, federal LE trainer, etc.

So, we're looking for nominations and volunteers. It would be great if the person is a veteran, but that's not required.

Here's the basic info needed.

Name and bio. Family info, work background, military (if applicable) or other service, experience with shooting. If you are nominating someone, please include any other background info you care to.

We'll fill in the blanks with followups. This will be shot in one day, sometime during the week of March 23-28.

Send nominations to Sandra McDougall-Mitchell. sandra@guntalk.com

Thanks.

Tom

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Kind of a strange one, here, but we're going to do an episode of Gun Talk (the TV show) in the Baton Rouge area, and we need one person for this.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Should be no shortage of nominees from BayouShooter.

Me and my wife were in one of the Season 2 Episodes and it was a great experience. It was mainly focused on the wife, and she did learn a lot(So did I)
    Tom, Ryan, Chris & Sandra did an outstanding job and created a relaxed...but safe training opportunity for us. Very professional in how they presented information/training.
    Thanks again....we enjoyed it
    -WS

TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    If given the opportunity, I highly recommend working with Tom Gresham and the crew from First Person Defender. I was also in Season 2 and it was a very good training opportunity for me. They were a great group of people to work with. They have the right concept in presenting real world scenarios that we can all learn from.
    Cheers!
    TC

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    Just a followup . . . One BS member went to the range with us in Tuesday of this week. We had a good time. He got a full dose of what it's like to do TV. Think making sausage. The truck got stuck. Pulled out with a tractor. Had to hump the heavy shooting bench up a hill. Haul the steel targets 300 yards downrange because . . . the truck was stuck in the mud.

It was fun. And . . . there was a pretty sweet payoff at the end.

I won't blow his cover. If he wants to announce himself and tell what happened, that's fine. Otherwise, the show will air in late summer. :)

Thanks to all who responded. I wish we could have taken you all.

Top Bottom