Attempted stolen identity?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tiz68

Gun Lover
    Mar 31, 2008
    Morgan City
    Hey guys I just wanted to let y'all know I received an email from Bayoushooter stating a failed login attempt. It said that my username was attempted to be logged in 5 times and then locked out for 15 minutes. I just wanted to warn you that it wasn't me and you might possibly have someone trying to get on under my account. I don't have anyone who knows my username that would try to log in so it is definitely someone I'm not familiar with. The email provided the I.P. Address of the person which I can provide if needed.

I just wanted to basically warn you guys about it so you can maybe take action if it's needed. And to maybe warn other members to keep an eye out for any kind of suspicious activity. Let me know what else I can do to help!

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    How do we know its YOU?

ahasa.gif

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Its not hard to google bayoushooter and find a username or google a subject and anyone who posted with have a username show up ..
    From there , folks try to login..

I recently had a china attempt on a steam account for online gaming.. I had not used that for years and years..
    Its everywhere, use good password phrases and close accounts you do not use..

PECEMKR

Apr 12, 2012
    NOLA
    Dear PECEMKR,

Someone has tried to log into your account on BayouShooter.com Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 223.85.62.225

All the best,
    BayouShooter.com Forums

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Nothing to worry about if you have a solid password. Happens all the time!

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

DerpMeister

Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    Happens all the time!

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

So, what are you guys doing about it? Is there anything you CAN do?

I just got one of those notifications this morning. For the record, I rarely come here, and with perhaps one or two exceptions, all my few posts have been in The MarketPlace only.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    So, what are you guys doing about it? Is there anything you CAN do?

I just got one of those notifications this morning. For the record, I rarely come here, and with perhaps one or two exceptions, all my few posts have been in The MarketPlace only.

I could ban the ips that do that... But is not really worth the effort.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Broke

Jun 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    Got this at 4am this morning:

Dear Broke,

Someone has tried to log into your account on BayouShooter.com Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 62.210.37.82

All the best,
    BayouShooter.com Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom