Lets talk cooking ware!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I cook for a living, Ive worked in many kitchens all over the country, and all we use is aluminum. Reason being is they take a beating and are fairly inexpensive to replace. Not the best, but thats what ive always used at work. At home I use analon. Got them about 8 years ago, I really like them. Non stick, and very thick, so the heating is very even, almost mimicking cast iron. I have cast iron also and do like them. Only problem with cast iron is there is a learning curve if someone has never used them, because most people have never used such even heating cookware. Usually the first few attempts result in a golden black. Once you figure them out though they are hard to beat. I like my analon because of the oven safe rubber handles, glass lids, and even heating. Heres the set I have.. actually have 2 skillets though
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/2255-anolon-advanced-11-piece-cookware-set.html

I should never post when drunk at 12:30 at night, I get very passionate about my cookware! I'll check out the anolon stuff next time I am at the store, it looks interesting. Does the non-stick hold up to metal utensils? Or will it scratch and flake like Teflon?

Last edited:

bluwaterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    hammond
    I would assume it would not hold up to metal utensils, I dont know. I would never do that. I hand wash mine, and havent had the first blemish on them

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Cookware? I'm still using wrought iron mostly.
    But if you want some decent stainless on the cheap, Amazon prolly still has some of those Paula Dean sets...

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Thanks for all the great replies.
    I'm still undecided on a set but, recently bought this - Maganalite 5qt. - LOVE IT!
    2i77err.jpg

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    I treat my cast iron better than my kids....:chuckles: love my lodge 9 qrt and use an 8" to cook eggs every morning. I'm gonna make that sucker as smooth as my grandmother's 2nd generation griswold (sucker almost has a mirror finish!)

jaysephus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2014
    NLA
    Robbie, that magnalite dutch oven is a great piece; I'm still looking for one (hard to find used with a lid).

I splurged and got an Olvida nickel-plated cast-iron dutch oven. Unlike the aluminum magnalite or raw cast-iron, you can cook tomato-based chili or sphaghetti in it! These pieces are impervious, and don't rust like the raw cast-iron does.

Link for members of the forums' consideration:

http://www.olvidacookware.com/cookware.html

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    I hate adding to a resurrected thread, but be careful with unlined aluminum like that magnalite. If you cook anything with a high level of acidity like Tomato Sauce it will etch into the aluminum and can transfer into your food. The best cookwear that I can recomnd is All-Clad. Buy a set and save your self a lot of money over buying individual pieces. It is American made, will take a beating and will last you for a lifetime.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom