Highway Patrol - Classic Car Owner -- BIG SCREWUP!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    There is so much wrong here.

Next time I go out to steal an old, slow classic car, I'll be sure to take along as my accomplice, an old lady with a broken leg!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Well, if departments have to entertain lawsuits from dirtbags with criminal records, then CHP should just settle this case and return the vehicle. There is no reason to take this to trial and fight a civil suit. The cam footage proves that CHP arrested an innocent man. Since the officer was acting in "good faith" and made a simple error in running the plate, it is not a false arrest.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    The police went home safe, that's all that matters.

That is not all that matters, these people were wrongfully detained and treated as criminals. I am thankful that everyone (police and victim) went home safe in the end, but this was a complete screw up by that department. They have every right to file suit against this department in my opinion (I am no lawyer). The officer's were attempting to do their jobs, but they dropped the ball big time and these people suffered because of it.

Last edited:

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    That is not all that matters, these people were wrongfully detained and treated as criminals. I am thankful that everyone (police and victim) went home safe in the end, but this was a complete screw up by that department. They have every right to file suit against this department in my opinion (I am no lawyer). The officer's were attempting to do their jobs, but they dropped the ball big time and these people suffered because of it.

Your sarcasm meter needs recalibrating.

I think what needs to be taken from this, with the screw-ups on the officer's and dispatchers part, is just how easy your life can go from normal to treated like a felon with guns pointed at you in a matter of seconds through no fault of your own.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The police went home safe, that's all that matters.

I think they made a few tactical errors. They should have brought in an MRAP and condoned off the area with a SWAT team. The officer was clearly outgunned with only a service pistol. The suspect had no shirt and was therefore very dangerous. The other suspect was allowed to keep her deadly weapons which could have been used on the officer.

Last edited:

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I think they made a few tactical errors. They should have brought in an MRAP and condoned off the area with a SWAT team. The officer was clearly outgunned with only a service pistol. The suspect had no shirt and was therefore very dangerous. The other suspect was allowed to keep her deadly weapons which could have been used on the officer.

And you know that antique car has no catalytic converter. The noxious fumes emitting from the tailpipe presented a clear and present danger to Washington's finest. Call in the bomb defusing robot! That old lady clearly didn't realize how close she came to getting shot when she reached for and pulled out those crutches either.

I'm just surprised the dash-cam footage didn't mysteriously come up missing when requested by the victim's attorney.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    And you know that antique car has no catalytic converter. The noxious fumes emitting from the tailpipe presented a clear and present danger to Washington's finest. Call in the bomb defusing robot! That old lady clearly didn't realize how close she came to getting shot when she reached for and pulled out those crutches either.

I'm just surprised the dash-cam footage didn't mysteriously come up missing when requested by the victim's attorney.

Cause dash cams come up missing all the time lol. Yall never fail to disappoint. A mistake was made just like in all jobs. Get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

That's the spirit

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well, if departments have to entertain lawsuits from dirtbags with criminal records, then CHP should just settle this case and return the vehicle. There is no reason to take this to trial and fight a civil suit. The cam footage proves that CHP arrested an innocent man. Since the officer was acting in "good faith" and made a simple error in running the plate, it is not a false arrest.

You can bet they will settle out of court

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Cause dash cams come up missing all the time lol. Yall never fail to disappoint. A mistake was made just like in all jobs. Get over it.

Yes. I have found it impossible to notice that the more infractions involved on the PD's behalf and the more civil rights violations involved the more likely the footage is to become "lost" or "damaged".

When I screw up at work can I pay for it with someone else's (taxpayer) money?

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yes. I have found it impossible to notice that the more infractions involved on the PD's behalf and the more civil rights violations involved the more likely the footage is to become "lost" or "damaged".

What do you do for a living?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

The tax thing is always brought up and is not very original. Do you think LE are tax exempt?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

I don't think I could roll my eyes further into the back of my head.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom