Heading to the Varsity tomorrow for Ryan Bingham. Need advice on parking and such

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Like the title says, I have never been to the varsity, where should I park? I assume they wand everyone, so no knife or gun..

thanks in advance..

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Parking isn't too bad. There is street parking and various lots around that area. The varsity is a nice small venue, you will enjoy it. And firearms are a no-go.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Street parking is fine, or the lot behind the building. If both are full when you get there, head north on Highland, left on W. State Street and make the block and try parking on that street near Reginelli's/Highland Coffees. Still full? Take a right off that street and turn into the parking lot that serves LSU's Pleasant Hall. Entrance is before the Highland Road intersection.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I have always been of the mind, concealed is concealed.. I do not drink and drive, which would be a bigger risk for me, than having to explain why I carried a gun in Louisiana into a concert with a bunch of drunks and idiots on the way to the parking lot.. Thanks for advice Y'all

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have always been of the mind, concealed is concealed.. I do not drink and drive, which would be a bigger risk for me, than having to explain why I carried a gun in Louisiana into a concert with a bunch of drunks and idiots on the way to the parking lot.. Thanks for advice Y'all

They usually have extra duty officers there. I wouldn't get caught concealing a gun if something happens with the drunks in the bar. Concealed is concealed is a stupid theory that will land you in jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    They usually have extra duty officers there. I wouldn't get caught concealing a gun if something happens with the drunks in the bar. Concealed is concealed is a stupid theory that will land you in jail.
    Because we know cops are just always available to walk us home or to the car, or to be by our side whenever there are thugs there wanting what we have..

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Because we know cops are just always available to walk us home or to the car, or to be by our side whenever there are thugs there wanting what we have..

Feel free to ask one of them to walk you to your car. Women do it all the time. That's why they are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    You evidently have never had your ass handed to you then, I myself have lived long enough to know that I cannot stop a bullet or 3 guys hell bent on hurting someone..

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    e12303339b8e254d9841c2c680a8379faba1d817332d9b5284b0523c3ab36669.jpg

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Street parking is fine, or the lot behind the building. If both are full when you get there, head north on Highland, left on W. State Street and make the block and try parking on that street near Reginelli's/Highland Coffees. Still full? Take a right off that street and turn into the parking lot that serves LSU's Pleasant Hall. Entrance is before the Highland Road intersection.

This is the advice BS used to be about, the rest of you are really not worth commenting on anymore.. Thank you

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As an officer of the court, I think I'd be remiss to advise bringing a concealed handgun to a bar. That doesn't mean you can't physically do it.

Did I mention they don't wand there?

Top Bottom