Darth Vader's Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    ...would look like this:

410932706.jpg

This thing look so badass scary to me, I had to have it. Feels great in the hand, balances perfectly. Haven't shot it yet, but will soon.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Very nice, Barbarossa! I have a Polish P-64 and WZ1970, like them both.

3fifty7 you've done it again. I still can't get the image of your Anaconda out of my brain, and I'll never watch Star wars again without thinking of the Storm Trooper rifle.

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Range Report as promised:

Well, I'll be damned if this thing doesn't shoot as well as any new gun I've owned. It is as if nothing has happened in the technology of semi automatic handguns in the 75 years since this pistol was made, save for plastic.

It feels like any modern full steel gun, really similar to a CZ75. Not one hickup in 200 rounds I put through it during lunch break today. Very soft shooter, points intuitively, and plenty accurate.

One thing that does suck is the trigger. Very gritty and heavy, and the only thing holding this pistol back when target shooting. If that was improved, I am confident I could group as well as with any other gun I own.

In all fairness, this is a WWII fighting gun, not a target shooter. But in a way, that makes it more impressive to me.

And that's that...

410946167.jpg

These are 5 shot groups, off hand, standing. Bottom left saw three bullets go through the same hole, that's pretty good for an old gun like that. No fliers either.

Last edited:

4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    Nice groups, I'm sure there are those here with much newer and more expensive weapons would love to shoot as well. My most accurate pistol is a Star Model B from pre WWII. A 250 dollar pistol shoots as well as anything I own.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I have a variety of weapons, including two 1963 East German Makarovs. The weight of the pistol and the craftsmanship definitely play a role in how well it shoots. Less recoil equates to better control which equates to accuracy. Its always nice to go old school every now and then. I think it gives you an appreciation for the artistry of the weapons past and present.

Nice groupings.

Top Bottom