Income Tax Return Plans?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    2 private school tuitions paid. Nothing left for any toys.
    I hate seeing my W2 and looking at how much of MY money goes to pay for a bunch of lazy POS's that don't even deserve to be alive.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Some like getting a return, I do. I claim zero all year to be sure I get a good return. Easy savings.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Some like getting a return, I do. I claim zero all year to be sure I get a good return. Easy savings.

A small part of mine went to cover the last little bit I needed to build a shop. Finally. After 20 years of building cars and 16 years in my house, I will finally have a real workshop for just cars.

The lions share will pay for the yearly family beach trip (my 1/3) and my daughters first trip to Disney.

I also put to much towards taxes. I know I should lessen it and save the money so I could get the interest but it's nice having that return every year.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I'm planning on buying a Kubota 3901

Anyone have other plans like a new bangstick, Bow, Car, Pay-off credit cards???

I owe $327 this year. What blows my mind is that I made about $30K less this year than when I got $1K back, and while I can modify my tax exemptions in real-time, I only "cheated" on a few paychecks, similar to what I did that other year (I typically claim 0/0/Single). Did things just get massively shittier for tax rates or something?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

Really though, all that means is you made a 0% interest loan to Uncle Sugar, and he pays you back at the end of the year. Basically, a "friend loan", to the biggest douchebag you know. So I am cool with paying a bit at the end of the year, or breaking even. If you really want savings, then put $XXX.XX per paycheck into a savings account via autodraft and don't touch it. Then at least YOU got the interest.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I owe $327 this year. What blows my mind is that I made about $30K less this year than when I got $1K back, and while I can modify my tax exemptions in real-time, I only "cheated" on a few paychecks, similar to what I did that other year (I typically claim 0/0/Single). Did things just get massively shittier for tax rates or something?

Man, That blows, The only thing I know that did change was the tax penalty for no Health care insuranse ?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    return? HA! I'm lucky to break even, and I'm ok with that. I pay my fair share all year, don't come in at the end and try to jack me for more.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I had another kid at the end of the year, so this is the first time I get a refund worth mentioning. It's paying the surgery she needed when she was 3 weeks old. If I had any left, it would go towards a vasectomy! Most of the time I break even or get $100 or so back. I'd rather get nothing back and know my money stayed with me to use as I please for the year instead of a 0 interest loan to the govt.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Really though, all that means is you made a 0% interest loan to Uncle Sugar, and he pays you back at the end of the year. Basically, a "friend loan", to the biggest douchebag you know. So I am cool with paying a bit at the end of the year, or breaking even. If you really want savings, then put $XXX.XX per paycheck into a savings account via autodraft and don't touch it. Then at least YOU got the interest.

It's nice when you don't see it though, it's like Christmas to myself.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I claim single/0 all year just so I get something back. I had a couple years in a row that I had to write a check, it sucked.
    Found out this year that truly the more you make the more they take. Can't even get a credit for my own kid but I can pay for a bunch of illegitimate ones! Made 20k or so more than last year and well over half went to state and fed. I think I actually saw about 25% of the "extra" money I made.
    And I am the lower middle class living modestly and surviving.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom