How many guns?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    How many guns do you usually bring to the shooting range? I'm always so confused on what to bring because I have too many to choose from so I usually end up bringing about 7-10 but leaving only shooting probably 5 guns at most...

So, what is an appropriate number of guns to bring. (I usually always have a friend who's new to shooting come with me, that way they can choose from a variety of guns)

tumblr_n0nqk4ttZc1r7cg7to1_1280.jpg

I have more... this is just one case/safe...

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    How many do I bring to shoot? One. I can only shoot one at a time.

If I'm bringing a new shooter? One. If they are a new shooter, I'm going to teach them how to shoot.

If I have a friend with me that doesn't own a firearm? One. I enjoy shooting with friends. If I'm going to shoot while they shoot, I'll go by myself.

If I go with a friend that has their own firearm? One. They have their own firearm, now it's time to practice and/or have a competition for poops and giggles.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Everything I own is redundant. Either a Glock 19, Glock 26, or DDM4. So unless I'm testing something new (which is rare), normally one G19 and one G26. I bring the Daniel Defense when it's not hunting season, so the rifle range isn't filled with idiots that only shoot their rifle once a year.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I usually bring one... my current carry. I always train with what I am carrying. I have a "range kit" that I keep 100 rounds of training ammo, a cleaning kit, eyes, ears, a couple of extra magazines, some essentials (wipes, leatherman tool, etc.) and a tube of rolled targets so I can stop in at the range whenever I'm in the area.

If I am bringing someone to the range... their level of training and familiarity with firearms (newbe's always get my P22 first) will determine the weapon I let them employ. I never drop someone new on a .40, .45, etc. But when I bring someone to the range a good bit of their initial visit is training on fundamentals and safety... stopping to explain something is common with every round sent down range (if they make it down range!). I will start them with my P22... next trip, a .380 or 9mm. It usually takes a while on either of those before they upgrade to the Big Boy Club.

Something else that plays into it... what's the cheapest to shoot on that particular day! :mamoru:

Last edited:

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    2-4 guns depending on what my goals are at the range, practice or sighting in a rifle or two. That along with ammo, eyes,ears and targets is about all I can carry.

TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    2 or 3, depending on the range and the plan for the day. I am usually going with the intent to get better at "X" for the day with some 'fun' mixed in to keep myself interested.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    As many as I feel like! THAT MEANS MORE THAN ONE?
    The more the better, I consider them like an old car - they need to run every once in awhile!!!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Rimfire day, 5.
    Shotgun day, 2.
    Handgun day, 2.
    Rifle day, 2.

Subject to change.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    i find myself always taking too many. last range trip, i took 4 long guns and 4 pistols.

I ended up shooting the pistols to take a break from the 300wm ( which has no brake on it)

Next time I'll probably just bring long guns, unless some of the cans that are in atf limbo come back.

My sweet spot is taking two, then shooting the hell out of them.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Depends on how long I plan on being at the range. Used to bring 15-20 pistols and 3-5 rifles, now I just bring about 10 pistols and 5 rifles. When someone who wants to buy a gun but doesn't know what he likes I bring 28. Always like to let a noobe shoot several and see what they shoot best before they go out an buy something they can't shoot well. Currently I'm finding they shoot the PPQ, HK P30, and Sig P320 way better than the Glocks.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    is this a stealth brag thread? bring as many or as few as you want. come on man, you can do better than this. i usually take 147 guns

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I take usually 3-4, I usually bring a 22 pistol to "warm" me up, what ever gun I want to practice with. A usp sd which is what I compare all my shooting to. And my carry gun.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I decide how many guns I am bringing based on how many I feel like cleaning on that particular day.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I decide how many guns I am bringing based on how many I feel like cleaning on that particular day.

I stopped cleaning mine after each range trip. Carry gun is clean, the rest have to get a few hundred to a thousand rounds through it before I decide if I wanna clean it

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom