Indy car race

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CharleyR1

Nitrous is fun
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Metairie, Louisiana
    CharleyR1,
    Is this you?:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROko2ez65pM

Get with me you get back, this week will be rough. I live about 4 miles from NOLA.

The BMW driver was a bike racer in the past. Yeah he said too many rocks thrown up in a car. And no thank you on the potholes @ 130 as much fun as it sounds. The worst turn @ NOLA is when you turn in off of Nicole coming from Lapalco. The pavement is pretty bad there! There is spot on the kart track that is less than pleasant, but the guys running the kart side of things are in it to win it. They are good guys.

Nope not me! I'd be too scared of wrecking my pretty bike :mamoru: Oh that's awesome that you live that close. I'm usually there 2-3x a week on my grom. They let us use the kart track. Good practice for the big bikes since we don't have many track days on the big course with all of the other events going on.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Request here is a pic of BIL taken from the SCCA regionals last month..

3b1zem43od6esqnmfk22.jpg

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Seems like they were doing OK until they went to the red tires. Couldn't make a whole lap after that. Should have went back to the rain tires, rules be damned.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Wanted to go but weather kept us away, hopefully we can make it next year. If it was a motorcycle race we'd have gone anyway.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Request here is a pic of BIL taken from the SCCA regionals last month..

3b1zem43od6esqnmfk22.jpg

That is nice. Looks very clean and straight.

There is a track night coming up. Street cars only. Street legal race cars are eligible. Must have lights and quiet enough exhaust, etc.

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1970412-201505-nola-motorsports-park

I went Sunday morning for a few hours. Basically saw the IMSA prototype lights aftermath, the GT3 lineup and then canceled and a bunch of big trucks make laps. I saw this guy and was thinking I know the dude. It was Leo Parente. Went to friends garage and had a great time talking to people. Give my brothers 'Porsche Guy' friend a hard time and the was home for lunch-ish. Put my shoes and other stuff to dry and was done for the day. Every one seemed to accept the rain in stride.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    That name is familiar for some reason. Yeah, the car still looks pretty good. IIRC I put PPG Concept clear on it. It is/was some of the toughest stuff on the market then. I have it on my Boss too and is very scratch resistant. The quarters were a lot of fun to work on though..We had cut out the arches and about 3 inches radiused out as he was going to put flares on it. After doing that he found out that we could not have flared stuff in that class...Well had to reweld it back together and work it back to normal lines..Aw the good ole days!! Not bitching either, it was fun seeing that heap turn into something decent!
    Sounds like ya'll had a good time even with the weather. I have a feeling it will be back next year. Hopefully the weather will cooperate better and they will have the track better prepared for super rainy conditions (drainage).

Top Bottom