Egyptian ak47 buld kit,,bolt doesn't want to close after every shot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have an Egyptian ak47 and I took it out to fire it and had some problems..
    I used 3 differnt mags with 3 different types of ammo
    1-pmag loaded with Winchester brass
    1-tapco mag loaded with steal case monarch ammo
    1-metal mag with Tula ammo.

The problem im having is after I shot 1 round the bolt gets stuck open and I have to put a lot of pressure for the bolt to go forward and chamber a new round..what can be the problem?
    It did the same thing with all 3 mags and 3 different ammo but the brass ammo it was more like after every 2 rounds the bolt will get stuck open and I have to put a lot of pressure to push the bolt back forward to chamber a new round.

Also if anyone can recommend a good gunsmith in houma or New Orleans area that can take a look at it and see what's wrong.
    Thanks

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Is the bolt carrier jumping out of the rails when it is pulled to the rear, if so a buffer will fix the problem but it's only a band aid.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Is the bolt carrier jumping out of the rails when it is pulled to the rear, if so a buffer will fix the problem but it's only a band aid.
    I think that's exactly what's happening damn..ok hopefully this makes sense,when I pull the charging handle all the way back(with the dust cover on)and lift up ^ on the charging handle it gets stuck..so a buffer is a bandaid,what's a permanent fix?

Last edited:

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I think that's exactly what's happening damn..ok hopefully this makes sense,when I pull the charging handle all the way back(with the dust cover on)and lift up ^ on the charging handle it gets stuck..so a buffer is a bandaid,what's a permanent fix?

When operating the bolt on an AK pull rearward and release. If you pull it to the rear and pull up on the handle it will jump out of the rails. Does it do that when firing?

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    When operating the bolt on an AK pull rearward and release. If you pull it to the rear and pull up on the handle it will jump out of the rails. Does it do that when firing?
    I was trying to replicate the problem without any ammo that's why I pulled back on the charging handle and lifted up and bolt got stuck back and I had to put a lot of pressure to push the bolt back foward...now if i pull the charging handle back and release it,,the bolt carrier goes back foward as its suppose to..

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I was trying to replicate the problem without any ammo that's why I pulled back on the charging handle and lifted up and bolt got stuck back and I had to put a lot of pressure to push the bolt back foward...now if i pull the charging handle back and release it,,the bolt carrier goes back foward as its suppose to..

It is only happening when shooting? For a quick fix try a buffer, but it may need a heavier recoil spring.

hajivitra

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2015
    madrid
    nice shoot information
    thanks all
    happyemo.jpg

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I'm happy to say that It's working now..I'm not sure what was the deal the first time but I went out the next day and put 200 of tulaammo thru it and not one issue..I ended up ordering the buffer as well but I haven't installed it yet..

If it's working I would not install the buffer. I have seen them cause problems.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If it's working I would not install the buffer. I have seen them cause problems.

Dang I already received it and found the package was infront my door once I got back home from work and installed it lol..I'm just going to go head and test it out tommorow scence it's already in and then ill immediately take it back out scence the rifle is shooting perfect without it..thanks for all the help Ak shooter,really appreciate it the time you took out to answer the few questions I had

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I had the same thing happen on a previous build. The problem was the frame rails were spread too far apart by the wrong trunion. The bolt had too much side to side slop and would jump above the rails as it rode over the hammer.

If this is what your gun is doing, you can try hitting the center cross support with a big ass hammer and something hard backing it and try to peen the heads more. Also you can try putting the reciever in a vise and push the top by the rails in, if they are bowed out.

Hope this helps.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Dang I already received it and found the package was infront my door once I got back home from work and installed it lol..I'm just going to go head and test it out tommorow scence it's already in and then ill immediately take it back out scence the rifle is shooting perfect without it..thanks for all the help Ak shooter,really appreciate it the time you took out to answer the few questions I had

Put it in and if it works without any problems just leave it in.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I had the same thing happen on a previous build. The problem was the frame rails were spread too far apart by the wrong trunion. The bolt had too much side to side slop and would jump above the rails as it rode over the hammer.

If this is what your gun is doing, you can try hitting the center cross support with a big ass hammer and something hard backing it and try to peen the heads more. Also you can try putting the reciever in a vise and push the top by the rails in, if they are bowed out.

Hope this helps.

Please, don't do this!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom