Lafayette LA Gun Ranges

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grispy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Lafayette, LA
    Hey all, I just moved down to Lafayette from out of state. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good spots to go shoot. I've been to Barneys in Carencro and had a pretty good time out there, but they're a bit pricey. I also saw there is the Wilderness Gun Club but the web site looks like its just for skeet shooting. Im looking for more pistol plinking than anything else. If anyone has any info, please let me know! Thanks!

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Hey all, I just moved down to Lafayette from out of state. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good spots to go shoot. I've been to Barneys in Carencro and had a pretty good time out there, but they're a bit pricey. I also saw there is the Wilderness Gun Club but the web site looks like its just for skeet shooting. Im looking for more pistol plinking than anything else. If anyone has any info, please let me know! Thanks!

There is a range in Arnaudville, which isn't too far from Lafayette. I've hears its pretty nice. You can call Bayou Teche gun shop in Arnaudville for more info.

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    There is also the New Iberia Sheriff range that I usually go to. It is a bit closer and the price is right. (Free)

Yes the wilderness gun club is a skeet, trap and sporting clays club. You need to be a member to shoot there.

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    There is also the New Iberia Sheriff range that I usually go to. It is a bit closer and the price is right. (Free)

Yes the wilderness gun club is a skeet, trap and sporting clays club. You need to be a member to shoot there.

Fuselier Complex is the member-only range in Arnauldville with rifle up to 300 yards and pistol to 75 yards. There is also an area with a manual-cock clay thrower for shotgun.

The Iberia Parish Sheriff's range is open to the public Wednesdays from 12 to 4, Saturdays from 8 to 1, and Sundays from 12 until 3.

Two pistol bays, one for paper targets, one with steel, including plate racks.

The rifle bay goes out to 150 yards (at the berm).

Anyone can shoot clay sports at Wilderness, you just pay a non-member rate.

Welcome to the area. Having left New York state a long time time ago, I think you made the right move. :thumbsup:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Due to safety concerns, they decided to cap the membership level at a certain number of members…they were close at the time this was put into effect and I guess now they've reached the quota.

They will also require much stricter references for any new members.

Top Bottom