Record Keeping Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    So I have been getting my firearm records in order at home, and was going through some of the old imports (Mosins, SKS, Etc.) I was wondering if when listing the "Make" of each firearm if I should use the importer or the actual producer's/factory's name from the foreign country.

I have been using the importer's name because that is more easily identifiable, and I don't figure the police department that would recover the firearm in the case of theft would be able to differentiate between the different maker's marks stamped onto the receivers. Thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Both, list the manufacturer and the importer. It's only a few characters.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    If you're talking about documentation for a bound book for an 03 then no, I didn't put country of origin unless it specifically stated it on the firearm. For example: you get a Morin with Century import stamps but it doesn't specifically say anything about "made in Russia". You k ow it's a Soviet made rifle and you might even know its a Tula, but other than your research you don't k ow where it was made. Use the import stamps on said rifle and avoid any BS by staying anything other than what's marked (think about it in terms of dumb ass holding the firearm without any knowledge and the only they gather is what's marked). I can also add that I've been audited by the ATF and had no problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom