Ranges with good rental selection

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Hey guys. Wanted to get your opinions on range rental inventory. I'm gonna be in the market soon and want to try a few out before I make a decision. I'm in NOLA so I'll probably start at Jeffetson Gun but I'm willing to go as far as BR. Any suggestions?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Precision Firearms, in Baton Rouge, has a few handguns for rental. It helps if you explain what you are looking to rent.
    You say you're going to be in the market soon and want to try a "few" out. What's the few you are looking to try out?

By "few," do you mean: Glock, S&W M&P, S.A. XD?

Or

By "few," do you mean: Kel-Tec PF9, Desert Eagle, H&K P9?

Clarification helps.

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Thanks for that.
    I think I can definitely say subcompact to mid size 9mm. Glock, Beretta, S&W, Ruger, and Springfield are all in play. Revolvers and .380s on site would be a bonus.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Thanks for that.
    I think I can definitely say subcompact to mid size 9mm. Glock, Beretta, S&W, Ruger, and Springfield are all in play. Revolvers and .380s on site would be a bonus.

You want to be looking for:

Glock 19
    Glock 26
    Glock 43 (highly doubt any range will have one right now)
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W M&P Shield
    Springfield XD 4" Compact
    Springfield XD 3" Sub-Compact
    Springfield XDs
    J Frame revolvers

Given that you asked for a mid size 9mm all the way down to a .380. It seems like you have no idea what you want. Do yourself a favor, go to a gun shop, and try out a few guns for size. When you find some that feel comfortable, find a range that has these available to rent.

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    I already have an SW99 .40 and SR9c. I'm just looking for a place that has a variety of testers for me to comparison shop.
    The .380 was for the lady but she may end up with a 9 anyway.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I've never had an issue with dry firing a gun in a good gun shop. That includes dropping the mag, loading the mag, cycling the action, etc. Buy a handful of snap caps and ask first. You can learn a lot about a gun through dry fire. Ditto on any rifle. Don't try it in Academy Sports.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    St Bernard Indoor in Arabi, LA(just outside New Orleans) has a large selection of rentals. They even have the HK VP9 available for rental.
    Jefferson Indoor has a smaller selection with almost all of the Glocks available.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Its been a while since I've been there but the range in Slidell off Old Spanish Trail had a nice assortment. They even had a suppressed 9mm smg (mac 10, IIRC).

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    I don't think I ever followed up. I went to St. Bernard and had a really good experience. There was a great rental selection and the staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. We were able to try a G19,G43, Shield 9, and M&P. There were probably a dozen or so 9mm available to rent. They also have .40 and .45 models.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Shooters club and St bernard indoor would be my two go to places if I ever wanted to rent a gun. Precision would be my choice if I were in baton rouge. Besides that, having a good friend with a whole bunch of guns helps also.

nola000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    Lacombe
    Sorry to semi-hijack your thread but since the XD and Shield are everywhere for rent, what about renting a Kahr MK9, PM9, CM9, Walther CCP, Boberg XR9-S, Taurus PT-111 G2, Taurus 709?

Anybody know if any ranges have those models for rent? Im looking for the wife to try all those models mentioned for purse carry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom