HB488- expands "prohibited persons". Helena Moreano's bill.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Moreano is a fraud. She is only at the Capital to try to take our guns. I can not support any bill she sponsors. She is just another gun grabber who only pushes for meaningless or frivolous legislation.

Last edited:

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Born in Mexico, and grew up in Texas. How in the hell did she even get elected?! I smell a Bloomberg plant.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    Thats the problem, when the government take away constitutional rights. they don't stop, with one right. after misdemeanors, it'll be certain medical conditions. the Gun haters, wont rest, until we are only armed with air guns. The the initial restriction, was to ban violent felons from owning firearms, but a violent felon has no regard for the law. so that didn't work. the next step, take away guns, from those with any felony conviction, even if they have reformed their lives. But again "violent" felons remain armed, because they have no regard for the law. Now "PAGs" (People against guns) are targeting misdemeanors. They are not going to stop there, even if they lose this bout. We the people for the people, not we the people "decide for the people.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    This is likely to be a close one in the committee. Call or write the committee members, especially Mickey Guillory, and ask them to vote no.

Dan

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It's a "fiscal" session; there is a 1.7 billion dollar budget deficit; and this is actually being considered?

If this is close in a committee with that many Republicans on it, they should all be voted out! This vote should be 9-0 against! Including that idiot Moreno voting against her own silliness!

Christ sakes! Enough!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I emailed all of them yesterday and I heard back from two.

Thank you for your recent email concerning this important issue. Your input is always important in my decision making process.

Lowell C. Chris Hazel

State Representative, Dist. 27

1013 Main Street

Pineville, LA 71360

(318) 767-6082

(318) 767-6084 (fax)

hazelc@legis.la.gov

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His vote will be NO on this bill!

Kathy L. Brunkhardt

Legislative Assistant to

Representative Frank A. Howard

District 24

1601 Texas Highway

Many, LA 71449

(318) 256-4135

Fax (318) 256-4137

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The bill was voted down 8-7 in committee today, BUT, Moreno IS going to re-introduce it (she as much as said so after the vote.) There were not many opponents there today, but there were a LOT of proponents. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE THERE WHEN IT IS REINTRODUCED TO STAND IN OPPOSITION TO IT. The proponents were well organized, they told their stories, and until the vote was taken, I thought we were going to lose.
    The Reps need to see the room filled up with opponents of the bill. If not, next time, I don't think we will be so lucky.
    The session closes in the first week of June, I think. That is about 5-6 more weeks in which it can be reintroduced. I am certain Moreno will reintroduce it.

Ya know! I read that bill yesterday and the proposed amendments after the fact, and I didn't see it as a full blown affront to the 2nd Amendment. I am against it in principal because it is a part and parcel of a wider range of chisel chipping.

Got to give it to whoever wrote it though (it wasn't her); they crafted it in such a way that you would almost be endorsing the crimes if you voted against it (without expressly citing the firearms overreach). Very clever!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yes, that is exactly what it felt like in the room to those of us that were there and spoke against it. That is what they are counting on: if you oppose this bill, well then you must be in favor of going easy on those accused of domestic violence.
    They are attempting to silence others by making it shameful to oppose their position.
    And yes, they are trying to chisel away more and more.
    Next time this bill comes up, please attend the hearing.

I am starting to wonder why we passed "Yes on 2" 3-1 here in Louisiana? What did it accomplish? It was supposed to secure this Right so that crap like this misguided backdoor crap by these dummies wouldn't work.

She should have been laughed out of that room for bringing this (with the gun component), but she was taken seriously! And she got 7 votes. That's 47% of that committee?!?

Show me a poll where anywhere close to 47% of Louisianans support more gun Legislation? Even via a backdoor.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    HB488 in committee Wednesday, April 29.
    Expands the category of who may not posses a firearm in LA to persons convicted of, or who are under an ex parte restraining order for, certain misdemeanor crimes (they are trying to add more crimes to the "prohibited persons" list.) For exact specifics read the bill; I'm not going to reproduce it here.
    Ex parte restraining order hearings are one sided, non-contradictory, hearings in which one person accuses another, without the accused being in court to defend him/herself, of a crime. If the judge is convinced, the judge signs the restraining order.

If the accuser is lying, too bad for the accused.

The "restrained" individual will be prohibited from possessing firearms for the duration of the restraining order. Realize, this involves no conviction, merely an accusation made in court by as few as one (1) person.

I am not making this up. This is what is they are trying to do. Read the bill.

They are trying to take our guns away not by making guns illegal, but by making it illegal for certain (more and more) people to own guns. They are piecemealing it.

May we quote you in our newsletter please?

Top Bottom