CZ Scorpion SBR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I've been trying to tell myself to get one, but already having a G17 SBRed, I can't YET justify it to myself. If I SBR another pistol caliber, I think I want it to use Glock mags.

Last edited:

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Anyone get into one yet? Ill be dumping more money into the one I have in layaway as soon as I get it out. Then itll go back to jail, nfa jail. Anyway I came across this....seems like a nice choice for a stock as this platform could identify as some what of a modern MP5, IMO.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/05/06/manticore-arms-cz-scorpion-rifle-kit/

What do you guys think?

Neat idea, but it doesn't look very comfortable. I'd think I'd prefer either a side folder, an AR-style telescoping, or a fixed stock.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I've been trying to tell myself to get one, but already having a G17 SBRed, I can't YET justify it to myself. If I SBR another pistol caliber, I think I want it to use Glock mags.

We have a TNW firearms pistol that takes glock mags thats about to go out for sale.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I really can't decide whether I want a scorpion or if I want to build a 9mm with a qc10 lower

I have been debating the same thing and given they are about the same price, I like the idea of SBRing a qc10. I think it is more versatile. And using glock mags is a big plus for me.

But I think either would be fun.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I have been debating the same thing and given they are about the same price, I like the idea of SBRing a qc10. I think it is more versatile. And using glock mags is a big plus for me.

But I think either would be fun.

Glock mags, and the ability to change the caliber are two major factors. But I really like how compact it would be with a 5 inch barrel and a mvg arc stock. Plus the qc10 will be easier to suppress from what I've read the cz doesn't quite offer enough room requires a spacer. No first hand experience with that just going by other forums.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Yeah. As cool as the cz is if I can only have one ill take the qc10. Truth is, on a long enough timeline, we'll probably end up with both.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Yeah. As cool as the cz is if I can only have one ill take the qc10. Truth is, on a long enough timeline, we'll probably end up with both.

Probably I thought two suppressors would be enough. I couldn't stand not having something pending though so I bought three more... The pending stamps hold me over if you buy one a month the wait isn't that bad because you get something new approved every month

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Hahahaha...it is addicting. Just got 2 SBRs out of jail and expecting 2 cans any week now.

Trying to decide what to get in line next....qc10 -OR- TBAC Ultra 9 maybe 7. Decisions decisions.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I thought about a scorpion. I currently have a POF MP%K waiting on a stamp. I also have a 9mm Tavor and am waiting on the stamp for my Ratworx tavor Can.

The tavor w/ ratworx can is actually shorter than the mp5k with an octane attached using a 3 lug adaptor.

I dont really think that I need a 3rd sub gun ( until the LWRC .45 acp one comes out in dec/jan. :-)

I know the scorpian is cheaper than the tavor and the mp5K, but after shooting one, I didnt want one.

I really want a tbac ultra 9 for my 300winmag. I'm just nervous to have the barrel threaded. The gun is shooting 1/2 MOA and I'd be really pissed if threading the barrel cost me accuracy.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Yes sir those TBAC ultras are lookin awesome.

Just curious, why the 9 over 7. Besides the obvious answer. Your only gaining 2 dbs for 2 inches. 1inch:1db ratio dosent seem worth it.

I ask not to criticize, but to see if I am missing something. I myself have been having the 9 or 7 debate for some time.

uploadfromtaptalk1432385723596.jpg

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    Yes sir those TBAC ultras are lookin awesome.

Just curious, why the 9 over 7. Besides the obvious answer. Your only gaining 2 dbs for 2 inches. 1inch:1db ratio dosent seem worth it.

I ask not to criticize, but to see if I am missing something. I myself have been having the 9 or 7 debate for some time.

View attachment 57165

2db at that decibel reading is significant enough to notice. my .300 winmag is already heavy and long, and it used for target and stationary shooting. The extra 2 inches from a spacial perspective dont both me.

your graph is for .308. I'd venture a guess that it is 3db or more differential for 300wm.

I tend to go quiet over compact when it comes to rifle suppressors. my one exception is the Ratworx 9mm integral can for my tavor.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Good points. Differnt tools for different jobs. I guess thats why they have 3 sizes.

And certainly a 9 sounds much betyer suited for your application.

I too prefer quiet over size myself but 9 inches is a serious can.

I had my mind made up and was good with the 7 and now im back to being as undecided as ever...lol

Wish i could go shoot em first.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    Good points. Differnt tools for different jobs. I guess thats why they have 3 sizes.

And certainly a 9 sounds much betyer suited for your application.

I too prefer quiet over size myself but 9 inches is a serious can.

I had my mind made up and was good with the 7 and now im back to being as undecided as ever...lol

Wish i could go shoot em first.

Depending on your use case i guess.

My 16.5" Remmy 700 .308 w/ a specwar 7.62 is SCARY quiet with Subs. The specwar is a 9" can. I use it for Hog hunting. It is DNZ @ 100 with subs and DNZ @ 300 with Supers without touching a dial or Knob. POI shift is negligible when using the Specwar. I'd imagine the tbac is better and lighter.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Always heard good things about the specwar. Im expecting a saker 762 week now. Hope its as nice.

I know I can use the saker on my 308 but id rather have a direct thread TBAC. Gonna use the saker for a blkout sbr.
    Ill see how it performs on the 700 though.

And I always knew the specwar was long but didnt realize it was 9".
    What is your POI shift with your specwar at 300yds? And is it direct thread?

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    Always heard good things about the specwar. Im expecting a saker 762 week now. Hope its as nice.

I know I can use the saker on my 308 but id rather have a direct thread TBAC. Gonna use the saker for a blkout sbr.
    Ill see how it performs on the 700 though.

And I always knew the specwar was long but didnt realize it was 9".
    What is your POI shift with your specwar at 300yds? And is it direct thread?

With supers, about 1/2" on my remmy 700 @ 300 yds.

.308 subs at 300 is quite the rainbow shot, so i don't think it really matters. I load my subs to 990 fps, so it's approximately a 5.5' drop. ;)

Its a QD mount muzzle brake.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    Probably I thought two suppressors would be enough. I couldn't stand not having something pending though so I bought three more... The pending stamps hold me over if you buy one a month the wait isn't that bad because you get something new approved every month

dude..i thought it was just me. I may just change my name to Pending.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SleepingGreyCat
    Top Bottom