St Bernard Indoor Shooting center

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jiggy205

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jun 10, 2014
    New Orleans
    Nice place but they only have one rifle lane and you get charged if you shoot outside a box they have in place. So basically don't take anyone who is a first time rifle shooter unless you have $25 a round to spend for them missing there target

lilcrazykev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Marrero/Harvey
    Nice place but they only have one rifle lane and you get charged if you shoot outside a box they have in place. So basically don't take anyone who is a first time rifle shooter unless you have $25 a round to spend for them missing there target

Hopefully they would finish their renovation of the VIP room, looking forward to it.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You come for 7 and sign up for what ever class you want to shoot in. At 730 they start, everyone is given a number and they'll have it randomly drawn on what order you will shoot. It's man vs man. Triple Elimination. I think the winner gets like a 15-20 dollar gift card.

I usually try to go, but m schedule swapped, and not I work every other Friday evening so I can't make it till the schedule flips again.

MD_Wells

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I competed in the steel plate match last winter, and it was a ton of fun! It is a nice facility, and everyone I came across had solid gun etiquette.

I want to go back to compete in the plate match!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I have also been to the plate matches. They are well run and very safe.
    This old range is where I learned to shoot. The new management(the last owner closed after Katrina ruined the original interior) is every bit as good as the last group.
    They have a lot more retail space than before Katrina. It is very much like a gun shop. There is a large selection of rental guns.

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I bought a membership, and I live in Gretna. To me it is well worth the extra drive compared to Gretna Gun or Bayou Dragon. I took the CCW class from the owner, and he was very approachable and friendly to all. I haven't been in a while though. What is the VIP range? I know they were doing some construction/additions.

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    Is this a joke? $25.00 per round outside the lines?

The range was not designed to handle rifles, so they made something specific for that one rifle lane to accomodate some rifle use. If I remember right, the allowable impact zone was about the size of a beach ball. If someone can't stay within that with a rifle, they have bigger problems than losing $25.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The impact zone is larger than that. It is at least the size of a B27 target. We are talking about hitting an indoor target with an AR at under 25 yards. Anyone who can't do that has no business at a shooting range. Rapid fire is not allowed, so accuracy should not be a problem.

Tanker

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Metairie, Louisana
    IMO it's the best range in the area. As several have stated, the staff are good people and knowledgeable. The prices on weapons and gear seem reasonable. Clean, well lit, nice bathroom!

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    My bank account is not on speaking terms with me thanks to this range, lol. They have started carrying some NFA goodies that I just couldn't resist. Best part is that they said that I could have conjugal visits while waiting for my stamps to come in. I love this place.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Great place, not cheap, has the broadest selection of rental guns I've seen in the area, Concealed Carry course is excellent and I took with my daughter, and competent staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom