Remington 03A3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I stopped off at the local pawn shop last year to pick up a handgun I had on lay-a-way. As always I look to see if they have anything new. They had two 03A3s on the gun rack. One was spotter with a nice stock and scope and the other looked to be in military dress, but the front of the stock was missing.
    I took a close look at it and found that it was a Remington with a 3-43 barrel. The metal was in pretty good shape but the bore was not so clean. The price tag was not to bad at $299.99. But if you know me, I hate to pay the marked price at a pawn shop.
    Well, we haggled back and forth a little and came to a price I was happy with.

Here are the pics I took when I got it home.

in4v9d.jpg

34y1m38.jpg

wqzzf4.jpg

20hwqu.jpg

I had a stock for 20 years with most of the original hardware on it. My Father-in-law had taken it off a DCM rifle that he sporterized back in the 60's.
    A good friend out west had the few parts I needed to finish getting the rifle back together.
    egeu80.jpg

2we9eo4.jpg

The stock was dirty from just sitting in a rack for all those years so, with a little TLC, cleaned, oiled and waxed it looked good again.
    2vv3khc.jpg

292748p.jpg

Here it is all fixed up. I have put the front sight blade back on since the pics were taken, I had miss placed the sight blade pin. I hate it when I put something where I wont forget it and then forget where that is.
    wahute.jpg

iw3f2a.jpg

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    A great grab for the price, I picked one up recently and really was not expecting to like it as much as I do. The only ding on it is somebody cut the rear of the buttstock and installed a rubber recoil pad, and as you already know the stocks for these things go for like $200 or more. Lucky that you already had a nice set ready to go on it.

Top Bottom