RANGE BAGS! - What do you use?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Well, my typical loadout for going to the range has changed greatly over the past few years. I now have more crap in my range bag than I know what to do with, but I need more space! My range trips usually last a few hours, if not more, and they are often in areas that are far from civilization. If I'm going to an indoor range, I can easily throw everything in my daypack, but I need a bigger dedicated bag. The Midway USA AR15 range bag looks like a good size and has PALS webbing (which is a plus), but I'd like to know what else is out there.

This is for handguns and equipment only (ear protection, eye protection, small targets, staple gun, cleaning kit, IFAK, etc.)

Any recommendations? What do you guys use?

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    I use this bag from Midway USA. It's pretty nondescript and very commonly used so I've sewn a bunch of patches on it to help me find it. It comes with a pull out bag in the middle, a bunch of pockets and two pistol rugs. There are some loops for magazines in the big outer pocket and a pouch for a water bottle/sunscreen/whatever. It's served me very well for about 6 years now. Very tough bag and it goes on sale reasonably often.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I use the same one from midwest industries. When I go to honey island I usually use a gorilla cart with some wide tires to haul it and my long guns.

I forget if 5.11 made a model using this design or vise versa. It's much cheaper than the 5.11 one has taken my 4 years of abuse. One of the best gifts my wife ever got me.

If you ever want to check it out one day after work before you head back across the lake hit me up Dave and we can meet by circle m feed

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I use the same one from midwest industries. When I go to honey island I usually use a gorilla cart with some wide tires to haul it and my long guns.

I forget if 5.11 made a model using this design or vise versa. It's much cheaper than the 5.11 one has taken my 4 years of abuse. One of the best gifts my wife ever got me.

If you ever want to check it out one day after work before you head back across the lake hit me up Dave and we can meet by circle m feed

I appreciate the offer, but I'm afraid I might need something even larger :D

I typically have two 32oz water bottles and snacks in a separate pouch. So, I need additional room for that. I saw a Midway bag that had a bottle pouch built into it, but don't recall where I saw it.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I use both the midway competition range bag from midway and their "compact" range back which isn't very compact. Both are good for a few guns, ammo, mags and tools etc.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I ended up selling my Maxpedition Sitka. It's too big for the small amount of space you get. IIRC, it was 20ish Liters and I could barely put anything in it, because of all the pockets. I may end up buying another Mystery Ranch pack if I'm going to spend $150+.

I see a lot of comments for the Midway Competition bag, but not the AR15 bag.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    i know i preach 5.11 like i own the company, but damn when the products are this good i dont mind paying. the arc belt and range ready bag are both just incredible.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Plastic grocery bag.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

article-2432922-18472EF100000578-249_634x346.jpg

Top Bottom