Not Sure How "Relic-Y" This is But I Like IT!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I got a pop-up notification a while back regarding availability of some Polish military/police semiauto 9mm Makarov pistols from 60's and 70's. I really like the clean look and price ($250 shipped, no tax) w/ 2 mags and all you needed was someone with a FFL to receive the gun(s). AND they had a network in case you couldn't find someone. http://www.aimsurplus.com/ was the company and I got 2 pistols. Really neat little guns and in good condition.

Changed a few springs (Wolff has them...) since they were 40 ± years old, cleaned, lubed, bought some 9 Mak ammo (about same as regular 9mm) and they shoot great! Anybody looking for a C&R firearm that is quality built, all steel and quite accurate for under $300 with the new springs and all I just thought I'd mention this.

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    Nice find. I really like my two "Cold War" Makarov pistols; Soviet PM military Makarov and CZ82. You will have fun with the P64. Maybe will pick one up one day. Photos are always good. Welcome to the group.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Well, since you asked: I was amazed how well-made it was. All steel with nicely rounded surfaces. Thin with 6+1 capacity. Nice for carry but no internal drop safety or anything besides the external manual safety/de-cocker lever. It could fire if dropped. Guess that makes it a choice ....

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    Very nice little pistols,I just sold mine recently and also changed out the hammer and recoil springs to both help take the very snappy recoil and the heavy double action pull. Build quality is nice and has the classic ppk look but even smaller and easier to carry.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Very nice little pistols,I just sold mine recently and also changed out the hammer and recoil springs to both help take the very snappy recoil and the heavy double action pull. Build quality is nice and has the classic ppk look but even smaller and easier to carry.

The hammer spring change is a MUST if a normal human is gonna pull that trigger! I believe I read the OEM DA pull-weight is somewhere near 30 lbs± !!! Wolff makes replacements and I've done 17, 18 and 19. 17 is great but had one pistol give light primer strikes so changed 'em to 18 lbs. Good to go, so far. Did one at 19 because that was all I had and too lazy to change it out at this time... :D I really like them and they're accurate even with those little sights.

Top Bottom