Judge orders Brady Center to pay ammo dealer’s legal fees after dismissing lawsuit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Manouche

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    ascension parish
    Thats like suing a Toyota dealership b/c so & so was killed by a Tundra while riding a bicycle (Just an example, nothing against Toyota). Thank God we aren't that far gone...

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    It's sad they had to even deal with that lawsuit in the first place. Society continues to go downhill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sometimes I wonder how many court ordered judgments announced in the news are ever paid. I've always read about various judgments in the news but the judge doesn't require the defendant to write a check there on the spot in the courtroom, does he? The news never follows up on whether the money was actually paid to the plaintiff. What brings this up is the statement made in the news article about this case.

"Lucky Gunner praised the court's decision and vowed to do everything in its power to recover the money awarded to it by the ruling."

Why does the Lucky Gunner have to do everything in its power to recover the money awarded by the ruling. Shouldn't that be the responsibility of the court that awarded the money to see that the Brady Bunch actually pays the money?

I'm not sure how this is supposed to work but that statement by the Lucky Gunner doesn't sound too promising.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Sometimes I wonder how many court ordered judgments announced in the news are ever paid. I've always read about various judgments in the news but the judge doesn't require the defendant to write a check there on the spot in the courtroom, does he? The news never follows up on whether the money was actually paid to the plaintiff. What brings this up is the statement made in the news article about this case.

"Lucky Gunner praised the court's decision and vowed to do everything in its power to recover the money awarded to it by the ruling."

Why does the Lucky Gunner have to do everything in its power to recover the money awarded by the ruling. Shouldn't that be the responsibility of the court that awarded the money to see that the Brady Bunch actually pays the money?

I'm not sure how this is supposed to work but that statement by the Lucky Gunner doesn't sound too promising.

Enforcement of a judgment is a separate action. Judgments that are not satisfied must be renewed every few years or they expire.
    Brady has lots of money, so it will be worth it to enforce this judgement.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Lucky Gunner is extremely fortunate that the judge did not simply dismiss the case for lack of standing on the part of the Brady folks. They were not directly injured by the sale of ammunition, nor by the crazed killer. One MIGHT, and I mean it is REALLLY a stretch, argue an indirect effect, but this judge was, thankfully, not an anti-gunner. His decision to assign financial award is a blessing for Lucky Gunner - and a great way to show displeasure at someone trying to use the courts for political advantage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom