Conceal carry permit and medical summary question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SoldMySoul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2015
    Louisiana
    Hello Gents and Ladies if any here! My question, I will try and keep simple is about obtaining a doctor's signature for being prescribed Wellbutrin 4 years ago. I had a back injury and was feeling a little down about it 4 years ago. I was prescribed Wellbutrin for the down in my mood and for smoking cessation. The script was taken for a month and I received treatment from an Ortho doctor for my back. Within a few weeks I felt better from the back treatment and no longer needed or desired to take the Wellbutrin. I also was new to Louisiana and I had no need to see the first doctor for anymore treatment.

Well today I try to get the prescribing doc to sign the medical summary form and He refused to since I was not his patient and I didn't follow up with him. Of course the reason I didn't follow up was because of getting treatment for what contributed to why I was down... Discs bulged L4/5-L5/S1 and difficultly walking. Received steroidal injections and in weeks bam!!! I felt great and could walk normal.

What am I to do if the prescribing doctor will not sign the form?? Hell, I carry a firearm for my employment as well as have a secret government clearance as well as law enforcement background. This dilemma is causing me grief!! Help.

Thanks guys and I appreciate any advice given.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    So why do you need this? I don't remember the questions but thought it was if you were currently being treated or something like that? Is it not something that a current doctor can sign?

SoldMySoul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2015
    Louisiana
    I need it because the state of LA says I do. It is questions 17 & 18 on the application. Very intrusive into your private life I might add. The way the form is written has to with if you are on medications. The way the questions are worded is if you are on depression meds or have ever been. My current doc had nothing at all to do with prescribing the meds. So what is the doctor going to say????

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here's a thought. Answer #17 Yes. Attach a detailed description (much more descriptive than what you have thrown out here), of the circumstances surrounding your illness and your outcome, and the reason the doctor won't sign off, and send it in. If you are denied, you go to a plan B. You will only be out $63.00 (because of your secret clearance and all).

Always remember this original inspirational quote from the Emperor:

"A coin can land heads or tails, but only if tossed!" ;)

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    every so often a thread comes along, just daring you to give an honest answer.

Loading Resist......

.... Complete. Shut Down Now?

Yes.

SoldMySoul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2015
    Louisiana
    Actually what helped was E cigs believe it or not. Not the nasty cheapie you get in the stop n robs. But the good setup with tanks. Regular cigarettes taste nasty now.

Top Bottom