national CCW reciprocity

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • met7881

Former Yankee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    mandeville,La.
    Just throwing this out. Seems like the anti-gunners are back with the background check for all purchases. How about this. Ok lets go through with background checks for all private purchases. But attach the amendment to allow national ccw reciprocity for all state issued permits. Its a compromise, right. Wonder what the anti-gun crowd would say......

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Just throwing this out. Seems like the anti-gunners are back with the background check for all purchases. How about this. Ok lets go through with background checks for all private purchases. But attach the amendment to allow national ccw reciprocity for all state issued permits. Its a compromise, right. Wonder what the anti-gun crowd would say......

You seem cavalier about compromising the rights of others.

How do you propose I do a background check on you in order to sell you a firearm?
    Who is going to pay for it?
    Why do I need permission to dispose of my personal property?
    What if I'm giving the firearm as a gift? A background check kinda negates the need for wrapping paper.

How about this? Constitutional Carry. No need for a piece of paper to affirm a right.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You seem cavalier about compromising the rights of others.

How do you propose I do a background check on you in order to sell you a firearm?
    Who is going to pay for it?
    Why do I need permission to dispose of my personal property?
    What if I'm giving the firearm as a gift? A background check kinda negates the need for wrapping paper.

How about this? Constitutional Carry. No need for a piece of paper to affirm a right.

^what he said. I don't want to give up anymore rights just to make some group happy.

There are not enough America loving US Citizens left, being raised, and being born; to stop this current and future US Federal governments' planned assault and ultimate seizure of any Rights that stand in the way of their mindless scheme.

Some of you younger guys will live to see a completely different country, and one that has very little tolerance for private unfettered gun ownership.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick

You know why a registered machine gun consisting of $700 worth of parts costs $15,000 + $200 transfer fee? A compromise, known as the Machine Gun ban of 1986, that's why. A number of gun enthusiasts did not know that pre-86 transferrable machine guns are legal to own, but most gun enthusiasts do know this. However, VERY FEW gun enthusiasts have any clue what "we got" in exchange for this "compromise".

If you do not know what the "quid pro quo" was, go ahead and look it up. Then tell me this:

1. Do you think that if enthusiasts banded together like the "= marriage city/state boycott" folks today, that the Hughes Amendment would have been necessary to get what we wanted without compromise?

2. Do you think that if enthusiasts band together like above, that we need to compromise a thing to get nationwide CCW?

3. Do you really think that in light of the NFA Act, GCA Act, Hughes Amendment, and AWB that we really have freedoms to play around with for compromise?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You know why a registered machine gun consisting of $700 worth of parts costs $15,000 + $200 transfer fee? A compromise, known as the Machine Gun ban of 1986, that's why. A number of gun enthusiasts did not know that pre-86 transferrable machine guns are legal to own, but most gun enthusiasts do know this. However, VERY FEW gun enthusiasts have any clue what "we got" in exchange for this "compromise".

If you do not know what the "quid pro quo" was, go ahead and look it up. Then tell me this:

1. Do you think that if enthusiasts banded together like the "= marriage city/state boycott" folks today, that the Hughes Amendment would have been necessary to get what we wanted without compromise?

2. Do you think that if enthusiasts band together like above, that we need to compromise a thing to get nationwide CCW?

3. Do you really think that in light of the NFA Act, GCA Act, Hughes Amendment, and AWB that we really have freedoms to play around with for compromise?

If you want more of a reason to NEVER compromise on your Rights, consider that polls still show that over 60% of all Americans identify themselves as being some form of Catholic and Christian; yet the gay marriage issue was basically a slam dunk.

There are far, far fewer gun owners in general, much less gun owners that actually stand up for the Right, than there are Non-gun owners. Do the math!

Those zealots that pushed for gay marriage are the same zealots that aren't too fond of you having a gun!

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    If you want more of a reason to NEVER compromise on your Rights, consider that polls still show that over 60% of all Americans identify themselves as being some form of Catholic and Christian; yet the gay marriage issue was basically a slam dunk.

There are far, far fewer gun owners in general, much less gun owners that actually stand up for the Right, than there are Non-gun owners. Do the math!

Those zealots that pushed for gay marriage are the same zealots that aren't too fond of you having a gun!

Many, many catholics are of the cafeteria variety. I'd say most of them around here are.

I'm sure there are many antigunners who pushed for gay marriage, but I believe suggesting that most people in favor of gay marriage are anti-gun is not true.

I think there are plenty of gun owners out there, more so than ever nowadays. But I agree, unfortunately there is still a very small minority of these gun owners who actually believe in the second amendment.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    There are not enough America loving US Citizens left, being raised, and being born; to stop this current and future US Federal governments' planned assault and ultimate seizure of any Rights that stand in the way of their mindless scheme.

Some of you younger guys will live to see a completely different country, and one that has very little tolerance for private unfettered gun ownership.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Many, many catholics are of the cafeteria variety. I'd say most of them around here are.

I'm sure there are many antigunners who pushed for gay marriage, but I believe suggesting that most people in favor of gay marriage are anti-gun is not true.

I think there are plenty of gun owners out there, more so than ever nowadays. But I agree, unfortunately there is still a very small minority of these gun owners who actually believe in the second amendment.

I was generalizing the left in this country. If their puppet masters in the democratic party tell them dance, they dance! There are democrats in Congress that vote pro 2A too! But not many! And some of them break ranks because of fear of power loss from a constituency that supports shooting and hunting in their home districts.

I disparage the phony's because they are basically mentally incapable of admitting their asinine belief in the policies they adhere to are not working on almost every level. But their ignorance, and blind allegiance to those policies' promoters make a strong voting bloc.

Gun owners can only dream of that type of clannish resolve. We think, as gun supporters, our numbers are strong; but we are as fragmented as any group on the right of center side of issues. When you have many independent thinkers in the same group, you seldom get total agreement on any one concept.

Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA

Why do you want to restrict the rights of gun owners voluntarily? Several states have returned to the original American status of all legal gun owners can conceal carry without permits. Are you going to require them to get permits now, further eroding states rights? My compromising position starts with full unrestricted ownership and open/conceal carry for all legal gun owners (excepting crazies and felons). Every time we compromise, we incrementally lose our freedoms.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Why do you want to restrict the rights of gun owners voluntarily? Several states have returned to the original American status of all legal gun owners can conceal carry without permits. Are you going to require them to get permits now, further eroding states rights? My compromising position starts with full unrestricted ownership and open/conceal carry for all legal gun owners (excepting crazies and felons). Every time we compromise, we incrementally lose our freedoms.

Define "crazies and felons". It either is a right, or it isn't. I'm not stating my position on this, just asking you to really consider yours. This isn't a soccer game you're talking about, that the winners and the losers don't really matter. It's a much bigger issue that is going to affect your children and grandchildren. Think before you type.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Define "crazies and felons". It either is a right, or it isn't. I'm not stating my position on this, just asking you to really consider yours. This isn't a soccer game you're talking about, that the winners and the losers don't really matter. It's a much bigger issue that is going to affect your children and grandchildren. Think before you type.

I was using a verbal shortcut for people who have had their rights to gun ownership revoked as per ATF regulations. Felons = generally those convicted of a felony (defined by ATF as a crime with a potential jail time of 1 year or more). Crazies = IIRC ATF says if committed to a psychiatric institution for more than 3 days (there may be more details here).

The point is every time legal gun ownership is restricted through compromises to "save the children", we lose. When congress wants to address gun control, we need to start back at the constitutional beginning, not at the result of the last compromise.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I was using a verbal shortcut for people who have had their rights to gun ownership revoked as per ATF regulations. Felons = generally those convicted of a felony (defined by ATF as a crime with a potential jail time of 1 year or more). Crazies = IIRC ATF says if committed to a psychiatric institution for more than 3 days (there may be more details here).

The point is every time legal gun ownership is restricted through compromises to "save the children", we lose. When congress wants to address gun control, we need to start back at the constitutional beginning, not at the result of the last compromise.

But yet you are willing to leave those 2 compromises in?

Is it a right or not?
    Where do rights come from?

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    But yet you are willing to leave those 2 compromises in?

Is it a right or not?
    Where do rights come from?

I like what you are saying. Do we take drivers license from the 'crazies'? Any person is potentially violent. As far as felons, I think in most cases, once they have served their sentence, and are off of any parole/probation, they should have rights restored. Or they should not be out of jail. How could you accurately foresee the level of potential violence, and the chance of it happening?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom