Anyone want to call a bakery?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    3088a4f2ec9b2ec6b3bceb4981a1aa38.jpg

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Most conservative minded people would just go to another bakery, but the libs would call CNN and make a stink.

You are absolutely correct, but maybe it's time to start playing their game. It seems to be working for them.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    You do realize a bakery doesn't have to do anything if they don't want to? They can just ask you to leave.

wrong. case law has proven that they cannot discriminate, lest they face fines and civil penalties.

the new gimmick being used is charging $1.00 dues annually and requiring an application for membership. Now it's a private entity, does not serve the public, and has much more freedom to "disallow" members.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    wrong. case law has proven that they cannot discriminate, lest they face fines and civil penalties.

the new gimmick being used is charging $1.00 dues annually and requiring an application for membership. Now it's a private entity, does not serve the public, and has much more freedom to "disallow" members.

The bakery could easily say it is not within their means to make such a cake and not do it. I don't think any law case law would disagree with that.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The bakery could easily say it is not within their means to make such a cake and not do it. I don't think any law case law would disagree with that.

now thats an interesting point i havent heard anyone use yet. "we'd love to, we just cant." sorryyyyyy. in cases where bakers have refused cakes for gay or interracial marriages- there have been more than a few that went ugly... for the business.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA

That would be easily disproved if the bakery has previously produced cakes of similar "degree of difficulty" for other clients.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Used to arrive at the judgment.

In order to reach the total amount, $135,000, Rachel and Laurel submitted a long list of alleged physical, emotional and mental damages they claim to have experienced as a result of the Kleins’ unlawful conduct.

Examples of symptoms included *acute loss of confidence,* *doubt,* *excessive sleep,* *felt mentally raped, dirty and shameful,* *high blood pressure,* *impaired digestion,* *loss of appetite,* *migraine headaches,* *pale and sick at home after work,* *resumption of smoking habit,* *shock* *stunned,* *surprise,* *uncertainty,* *weight gain* and *worry.*

http://dailysignal.com/2015/07/02/s...make-cake-for-lesbian-couple-fines-them-135k/

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    The problem is when people make an argument. "I'm not making some gay cake". If they would stop talking and just say "please leave" without saying why, in Louisiana, they can. Like asking someone to leave cause they have a gun. Gotta go. Don't say why. Don't pass go. Don't collect 200$. Just stop giving a reason.

That may not work in Oregon where law is different.

I still think it would be ******** in Louisiana though. They can ask me not to come in with a gun but can be forced to make a cake for gays, both now constitutionally protected rights? Leftist ****s really do adore double standards.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The problem is when people make an argument. "I'm not making some gay cake". If they would stop talking and just say "please leave" without saying why, in Louisiana, they can. Like asking someone to leave cause they have a gun. Gotta go. Don't say why. Don't pass go. Don't collect 200$. Just stop giving a reason.

That may not work in Oregon where law is different.

I still think it would be ******** in Louisiana though. They can ask me not to come in with a gun but can be forced to make a cake for gays, both now constitutionally protected rights? Leftist ****s really do adore double standards.

ding ding ding winner.

the issue isnt telling them no, its saying "no because you're [liberal protected classification here]."

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom