European Heel Magazine Release

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixgundunn

Wheelgunner
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    New Orleans
    Anyone know of a polymer 32acp or 380acp pistol with a European style heel mag release? How about a metal one? It must be a small profile for an ankle holster. Thanks

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Not polymer, or .380, but a P-64 might work. It's a small heel released, steel frame pistol in 9x18 (think hot .380).

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    He is looking for something small for large hands that have a habit of dropping magazines on PF9s or similar size imagine a Keltec P3AT with a hilt release that is what he is looking for...

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The older AMT's with the squared trigger guards are OK. I have one that has over 5000 rounds through it with no problems. It is quite small, just heavy.

Yeah, I am no expert on them. Some had feed issues that I know of. In general I heard all the AMT's varied in functioning from no problem to some problems. I am speaking of the old original AMTs. I know nothing of the new High Standard AMT's. All the ones I had contact with were .380's. I would rather go 9mm if I could.

It is very concealable. It will fit behind my wallet and I can palm it.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Yea trick bullets!!! cartwheels!!!
    So what does "Yea trick bullets!!! cartwheels!!!" mean? I don't get it.

You can always ask for clarification of any statements I make if you don't understand them.
    I was just saying it is an option that meets the spec. OP needs to do the research, hence don't take my mention of it as good to go.

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    So what does "Yea trick bullets!!! cartwheels!!!" mean? I don't get it.

You can always ask for clarification of any statements I make if you don't understand them.
    I was just saying it is an option that meets the spec. OP needs to do the research, hence don't take my mention of it as good to go.
    AMT backups are notorious for not properly stabilizing the bullets causing then them to tumble right out of the barrel and the takedown procedure is a PITA...

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    AMT backups are notorious for not properly stabilizing the bullets causing then them to tumble right out of the barrel and the takedown procedure is a PITA...

Now I see it. I didn't know that about them. They were like a fad and I knew a group of people that got them. I never had on. I did shoot one or two in the 80's, so it has been a while.

marmy7451

Bill
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Livingston Parish
    I have a 380 old original and a 38 Super back-up which I believe was one of the last AMT produced one. I have been blessed with NO functional issues although there was a mfg problem with 2 mags, and those were repaired quickly. They are VERY HEAVY, but also VERY TOUGH. They hold up under rough use, put you really want to take the rig off when you get home. They are good here in South Louisiana where the humidity is as high as the temp. I keep these lubed with Sentry solutions Tuff Glide and smooth cote. The 38 Super I believe is the smallest Super around but is surprisingly easy to shoot.

They are not pretty but they are useful, and at least mine, are dependable and I understand that High Standard has done some great fixing on some of those that needed attention. I will keep'em.

Top Bottom