any market or interest in custom reloading benches?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smboudreaux

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Addis, La
    I recently built a bench for a buddy to his specs. after looking around online for a while the market for custom or nice reloading benches is very limited. the ones I did see require shipping fees upward of $300 and the benches are upwards of $1000. would there be any market for these locally. your size, your choice of materials, your design. I would be able to build them much cheaper than that at the same quality plus there would be no shipping. you'd come pick it up. Or for immediate pick up what would be the more common sizes and designs. just kicking around an idea

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Personally, I just bought an all steel work bench from a complaint that sells steel tube, plates, pipe, etc. Cost me $300 for a bench with an 8x2 top made entirely out of 16 gauge square tube and a 8x4 sheet of 1/4" plate. I added total lock casters via an adapter that is designed to go into the bottom of square tube, a pair of 2x12s to make the bottom shelf, and a laminate kitchen counter top to make things look a little better. In total I spent around $450. The bench weighs well over 400 pounds, much more when you add the 1050 bolted to it, and all the other crap. Because I can level it via the casters it has no wobble at all even with no attaching to the walls. Options are out there, just got to look.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I live pretty far from you so it may not be feasible for me but I like the idea. You are right in that it is difficult to find a heavy, sturdy table for reloading. Some wood tops such as maple are too soft. The washers dig into the wood when bolting the reloading machine on. I think you may make some money if sold nation wide.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom