marlin xt or savage mark 2 f

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    i want it for the range and a little zombie hunting. a while back i asked about the mark 2 f and quit a few replies said they had feeding problems. hows the xt for reliability? i will be shooting bulk ammo of all brands 90% of the time.

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    I nearly bought a savage. I had a savage 308 that was a great rifle, so I looked hard at the mark 2. It had a lot of the features I wanted, but one thing that turned me off were the magazines. They just looked and felt cheap...not inexpensive, cheap. I had lots of marlins over the years and they were always good rifles. I ended up with the xt22 w/22" heavy barrel. It has the "savage-like trigger", but the trigger is still a little stiff adjusted at its lowest setting. It is damn accurate with bulk pack stuff, which is pretty much all I shoot because I mostly plink with it. I ended up chopping the barrel to 17" and that made it a really handy plinker. Recently got it threaded, and am anxious to attach my suppressor to make it a quiet plinker. Lol. I've been real happy with it. My buddy has the savage, (short threaded barrel with large bolt handle model). It's a cool rifle. Seems accurate. But I'm happy with my choice. Just my experience with the two. Hope it helps

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Forgot to mention that I've never had any feeding problems with this one. Again, just my experience..

7BA0A296-FB92-432D-B301-77C56EDB22D7-704-000000F0A9670E98_zps3841441d.jpg

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    i want it for the range and a little zombie hunting. a while back i asked about the mark 2 f and quit a few replies said they had feeding problems. hows the xt for reliability? i will be shooting bulk ammo of all brands 90% of the time.

I think realizing that the bulk pack may be the limiting factor shows wisdom.

I don't own either, nor a CZ. The CZ folk swear by them. I don't know about price comparison.

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    We have about 5 of the FVT and F versions for our local 4H SS that the kids put a good bit of rounds through each year. In the right hands they are very accurate and have so far been very reliable.

Dranrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2015
    Metairie
    I have a Savage in 17 HMR and 22 Magnum. I have a Marlin in 17 Mach 2. You can't go wrong with either. The Savage Accu Trigger is very nice.

Top Bottom