"Assault Rifle" shooting in NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    This^ example is null and void if you were watching the 2une In this morning. They provided more than enough evidence to suggest the race in this video: http://www.wbrz.com/videos/three-shot-outside-baton-rouge-club

I watched this and shook my head! Not at the crime of assault with a deadly weapon, but the crime that these two witnesses were raised in the US and taught that it is acceptable to speak alien dialect. :eek3:

I ask; what chance do these two have of getting a high paying job at say IBM or Shaw Group or a job at either that would involve anything but cleaning or answering a phone? You want to know what "True" honest liberalism is? Yearning for a day that people like these two didn't speak or act like these two do. :(

More than enough evidence to "suggest" the race?

Get real. I read the story right after it was posted. I know the area, the clientele, and the history of the clubs in that location.

As for the education level, that's a personal choice that they made while growing up. I went to Scotlandville and the Vo-Tech off of South Acadian. I've seen both sides of the fence.

What's the old saying? You can lead a horse to water...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    More than enough evidence to "suggest" the race?

Get real. I read the story right after it was posted. I know the area, the clientele, and the history of the clubs in that location.

As for the education level, that's a personal choice that they made while growing up. I went to Scotlandville and the Vo-Tech off of South Acadian. I've seen both sides of the fence.

What's the old saying? You can lead a horse to water...

All right! Calm down! I only get to see last night's "clubbin news" when I get ready for work. :p

As for this:
    You can lead a horse to water...
    The amount of money that the US is dumping into the public education system per student is astounding and of course, ridiculous! It is by far the biggest failure of public policy a la the federal government we have. Nothing compares to the enormity of the failure and/or the importance of not having dummies running around! But alas. :(

Point being, the education system in the country is not working and it's not working mostly for inner city blacks. Their support systems have broken down in the home, or are not present at all. Throwing money at it does not work. And pretending it does by wanting more money and having democrats blame republicans or rich white people in the interim is unsustainable!

Those that want to run from this or keep denying that this is an exponentially growing problem that will eventually bite us all in the asses are fooling themselves.

Last edited:

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Just to give you an idea of the whole education deal.

While I was enrolled at the Vo-Tech (5 or so years ago when I started) somewhere around 90% of the black students there were on the Pell Grant. You could get around $2,500 per semester. After tuition/books/fees (around $300-$700 depending on class), they received a check for the remainder to do whatever they wanted with.

Most of these students have made a career out of this. Show up for the first month or so, get the check, stop showing up. Instead of actually taking the education given to them for free and making a living, they choose the lazy way out.

Meanwhile after my 1.25 years of school, I have an almost bulletproof career that I can take anywhere in the world and have a job. In 4 years I have doubled my starting wages and moved up to the top level tech for my company.

You can blame whoever you want. I've seen firsthand why the education fails. You cannot force someone to learn something when they don't want it.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just to give you an idea of the whole education deal.

While I was enrolled at the Vo-Tech (5 or so years ago when I started) somewhere around 90% of the black students there were on the Pell Grant. You could get around $2,500 per semester. After tuition/books/fees (around $300-$700 depending on class), they received a check for the remainder to do whatever they wanted with.

Most of these students have made a career out of this. Show up for the first month or so, get the check, stop showing up. Instead of actually taking the education given to them for free and making a living, they choose the lazy way out.

Meanwhile after my 1.25 years of school, I have an almost bulletproof career that I can take anywhere in the world and have a job. In 4 years I have doubled my starting wages and moved up to the top level tech for my company.

You can blame whoever you want. I've seen firsthand why the education fails. You cannot force someone to learn something when they don't want it.

Nonetheless, we owe it to ourselves to try to fix it. Exponential dummy proliferation is bad for the country! Regardless of who you are and the status you've achieved.

It is all intertwined! The media that tries not to offend or slants and hides the truth, the politicians that pander to the down trodden, the puppet masters that take advantage of the stupid, the rabblerousing race baiters that stir hate and discontent for their personal gains, the lack of education, the poverty, the crime, the drugs, the gangs, the illegitimate birth rates, the derelict dads, etc.

Talk about kicking the can down the road! Hell I'm almost glad I won't be here that much longer to see it really come home to roost! But what am I saying? Let's concentrate on climate change, or disarming law abiding Americans, or the war on women, or income inequality! Yep! Those are really the problems! :doh:

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Nonetheless, we owe it to ourselves to try to fix it. Exponential dummy proliferation is bad for the country! Regardless of who you are and the status you've achieved.

It is all intertwined! The media that tries not to offend or slants and hides the truth, the politicians that pander to the down trodden, the puppet masters that take advantage of the stupid, the rabblerousing race baiters that stir hate and discontent for their personal gains, the lack of education, the poverty, the crime, the drugs, the gangs, the illegitimate birth rates, the derelict dads, etc.

Talk about kicking the can down the road! Hell I'm almost glad I won't be here that much longer to see it really come home to roost! But what am I saying? Let's concentrate on climate change, or disarming law abiding Americans, or the war on women, or income inequality! Yep! Those are really the problems! :doh:

What you are not willing to see is that there is no "fix". This is a choice. I am no better than the next Joe out there. Was simply using my story to provide reference. Opportunity is out there for everyone, regardless of race.

We're too far down the rabbit hole to turn back.

...and that's far enough off topic for me.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

The continued misuse of the term "Assault Rifle" by the media should be reason enough for reasonably intelligent people to stop seeking these media outlets for ANYTHING, especially news! But, they do it on purpose, and they know that America is mostly full of dummies now that will never take the time to learn otherwise.

Other than that, a nail bomb on a beach full of scantly clad beach goers would have been a horrific sight. Domestic terrorism is alive and well here; and on the rise.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom