FITS Indoor Range in Slidell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Just heard new ownership. Have been a member for years, and always good place to shoot.

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    WDSU had a story on tv this morning concerning increase of women buying guns. FITS was prominently featured; however, I'm glad that I was not in the CC class they showed. Appeared that all students had their guns out in the classroom and were able to manipulate them. Sorry, but even if I know you well, you're not sitting behind me racking your slide and sweeping me with your muzzle.
    Might rerun the segment tonight. I looked at WDSU.com to see if the video was available and it was not.
    Happy new year. Stay safe.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    WDSU had a story on tv this morning concerning increase of women buying guns. FITS was prominently featured; however, I'm glad that I was not in the CC class they showed. Appeared that all students had their guns out in the classroom and were able to manipulate them. Sorry, but even if I know you well, you're not sitting behind me racking your slide and sweeping me with your muzzle.
    Might rerun the segment tonight. I looked at WDSU.com to see if the video was available and it was not.
    Happy new year. Stay safe.

Guns are checked and no live ammo is allowed in classroom - not even in mags or bags - not allowed at all.
    Safety first.

PECEMKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    NOLA
    The last quote for a transfer I was quoted was one hundred and forty dollars.
    I asked a second time to be sure, and confirmed 140.00.
    I was told but we can order anything you want, so I told them I wanted a Colt 6940.
    There Quote was for 1880.00 ( I beleive plus tax, not sure) Within 2 weeks I got my Colt 6940 for 1285.00 out the door from a BS sponcer ( with a magpul value pack 3 mags 3 ranger plates , some swag)

This happened before the "unconfirmed" new ownership.

Since this thread was started I have been in to look twice, pricing sure looks like the same old game.
    I will possibly take a stop by tomorrow and will post results.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I was there around the thanksgiving holiday and they had 6920's under 1k. I also watched a man tell the new owner he found a 10/22 for less and he matched the price. I have no skin in this game but just wanted to tell what I saw. I would do business with them. The new owner seems to really be trying to take the shop to the next level.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    I was there around the thanksgiving holiday and they had 6920's under 1k. I also watched a man tell the new owner he found a 10/22 for less and he matched the price. I have no skin in this game but just wanted to tell what I saw. I would do business with them. The new owner seems to really be trying to take the shop to the next level.

New owner is straight shooter and knows guns.
    I also watched one of the employees give good advice to a guy who wanted to get a gun for his wife.
    He said to have her come in and try different guns so that she would get one that worked for her.
    He could have easily sold a gun right on the spot but did the right thing.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I might go by myself sometime soon and ask around.

I had no issues with the last owners/management, except for prices.

I chalked it up as paying for convenience.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    The last quote for a transfer I was quoted was one hundred and forty dollars.
    I asked a second time to be sure, and confirmed 140.00.
    I was told but we can order anything you want, so I told them I wanted a Colt 6940.
    There Quote was for 1880.00 ( I beleive plus tax, not sure) Within 2 weeks I got my Colt 6940 for 1285.00 out the door from a BS sponcer ( with a magpul value pack 3 mags 3 ranger plates , some swag)

This happened before the "unconfirmed" new ownership.

Since this thread was started I have been in to look twice, pricing sure looks like the same old game.
    I will possibly take a stop by tomorrow and will post results.

Part of the reason I stopped dealing with them years ago.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

That is great news. I may give them another shot. (no pun intended)

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    The new owner is great. Very nice guy and knows guns very well. He is a friend and I look forward to visiting his new shop often.

Joel will go out of his way to help, including price matching. FITS is a full service shooting range for pistols and rimfire rifles. They can't really price-compete with Academy or Sportsman's Warehouse. But they have a gunsmith on hand and guns to try before you buy. Personal service goes a long way and trumps cheap prices for me. I go there quite often.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Joel will go out of his way to help, including price matching. FITS is a full service shooting range for pistols and rimfire rifles. They can't really price-compete with Academy or Sportsman's Warehouse. But they have a gunsmith on hand and guns to try before you buy. Personal service goes a long way and trumps cheap prices for me. I go there quite often.

I agree with everything you said except the price item - go check out the prices on ammo when you check in to the range. Extremely competitive pricing compared to Walleyworld, Academy, Sportamans's, etc.
    All around great place to shoot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom