FITS Indoor Range in Slidell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Just heard new ownership. Have been a member for years, and always good place to shoot.

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    WDSU had a story on tv this morning concerning increase of women buying guns. FITS was prominently featured; however, I'm glad that I was not in the CC class they showed. Appeared that all students had their guns out in the classroom and were able to manipulate them. Sorry, but even if I know you well, you're not sitting behind me racking your slide and sweeping me with your muzzle.
    Might rerun the segment tonight. I looked at WDSU.com to see if the video was available and it was not.
    Happy new year. Stay safe.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    WDSU had a story on tv this morning concerning increase of women buying guns. FITS was prominently featured; however, I'm glad that I was not in the CC class they showed. Appeared that all students had their guns out in the classroom and were able to manipulate them. Sorry, but even if I know you well, you're not sitting behind me racking your slide and sweeping me with your muzzle.
    Might rerun the segment tonight. I looked at WDSU.com to see if the video was available and it was not.
    Happy new year. Stay safe.

Guns are checked and no live ammo is allowed in classroom - not even in mags or bags - not allowed at all.
    Safety first.

PECEMKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    NOLA
    The last quote for a transfer I was quoted was one hundred and forty dollars.
    I asked a second time to be sure, and confirmed 140.00.
    I was told but we can order anything you want, so I told them I wanted a Colt 6940.
    There Quote was for 1880.00 ( I beleive plus tax, not sure) Within 2 weeks I got my Colt 6940 for 1285.00 out the door from a BS sponcer ( with a magpul value pack 3 mags 3 ranger plates , some swag)

This happened before the "unconfirmed" new ownership.

Since this thread was started I have been in to look twice, pricing sure looks like the same old game.
    I will possibly take a stop by tomorrow and will post results.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I was there around the thanksgiving holiday and they had 6920's under 1k. I also watched a man tell the new owner he found a 10/22 for less and he matched the price. I have no skin in this game but just wanted to tell what I saw. I would do business with them. The new owner seems to really be trying to take the shop to the next level.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    I was there around the thanksgiving holiday and they had 6920's under 1k. I also watched a man tell the new owner he found a 10/22 for less and he matched the price. I have no skin in this game but just wanted to tell what I saw. I would do business with them. The new owner seems to really be trying to take the shop to the next level.

New owner is straight shooter and knows guns.
    I also watched one of the employees give good advice to a guy who wanted to get a gun for his wife.
    He said to have her come in and try different guns so that she would get one that worked for her.
    He could have easily sold a gun right on the spot but did the right thing.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I might go by myself sometime soon and ask around.

I had no issues with the last owners/management, except for prices.

I chalked it up as paying for convenience.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    The last quote for a transfer I was quoted was one hundred and forty dollars.
    I asked a second time to be sure, and confirmed 140.00.
    I was told but we can order anything you want, so I told them I wanted a Colt 6940.
    There Quote was for 1880.00 ( I beleive plus tax, not sure) Within 2 weeks I got my Colt 6940 for 1285.00 out the door from a BS sponcer ( with a magpul value pack 3 mags 3 ranger plates , some swag)

This happened before the "unconfirmed" new ownership.

Since this thread was started I have been in to look twice, pricing sure looks like the same old game.
    I will possibly take a stop by tomorrow and will post results.

Part of the reason I stopped dealing with them years ago.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

That is great news. I may give them another shot. (no pun intended)

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    The new owner is great. Very nice guy and knows guns very well. He is a friend and I look forward to visiting his new shop often.

Joel will go out of his way to help, including price matching. FITS is a full service shooting range for pistols and rimfire rifles. They can't really price-compete with Academy or Sportsman's Warehouse. But they have a gunsmith on hand and guns to try before you buy. Personal service goes a long way and trumps cheap prices for me. I go there quite often.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Joel will go out of his way to help, including price matching. FITS is a full service shooting range for pistols and rimfire rifles. They can't really price-compete with Academy or Sportsman's Warehouse. But they have a gunsmith on hand and guns to try before you buy. Personal service goes a long way and trumps cheap prices for me. I go there quite often.

I agree with everything you said except the price item - go check out the prices on ammo when you check in to the range. Extremely competitive pricing compared to Walleyworld, Academy, Sportamans's, etc.
    All around great place to shoot.

Top Bottom