45 ACP host suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Thinking about getting a 40 or 45 ACP carbine suppressor host. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Justright Carbine or Kriss Vector. Both are a blast to shoot.

If you're on a budget, get the Justright... inexpensive and takes all AR furniture, Glock Mags, and is fully ambidextrous.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Full auto Mac 10/45?

I like the way you think. Unfortunately, I've got sub $1k budget. For those who've used the JRC, how do you like it? Any issues, especially suppressed?

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I like the way you think. Unfortunately, I've got sub $1k budget. For those who've used the JRC, how do you like it? Any issues, especially suppressed?

I haven't fired it suppressed, but the JRC is a solid workhorse. Runs through ammo without issue. I replaced the rail on it just because I didn't like the mini rail that it comes with and slapped some sights on it. Great weapon that carries out the plan of the day and the price is right.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Kriss is a HORRIBLE suppressor host, the bolt does not have enough mass or delay and tends to give you splatter and bad ejection port noise.

JRC or Beretta CX4 for the money are very hard to beat and handle well.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    eMGunslinger, I was hoping you might show up. Just saw the IA video on your integral 45 AR. What are the chances of getting an integral barrel for a JRC?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Any reason you don't want to go 9mm? I think there are more options in your price range in that field.... My 9mm AR cycles subs just fine.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    I have a sub2k 9mm and like it a lot. Considering a JRC so I can get the caliber conversion. Is there an pistol cartridge AR option that allows for caliber changes?

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    The Kriss rifle converted to an SBR with the pistol barrel (not recommended... it's expensive, if you can find the barrel, and it has to be done by a professional. I would suggest cutting down the rifle barrel and having it threaded) runs solid with the Osprey suppressor and Kriss's recommended Defiance HPS 4GSK. Most 230g ammo will run quiet and nicely though the Vector Suppressed, however, American Eagle Suppressed .45ACP ammo is optimal. To date and thousands of rounds later... not one problem noted with regards to noise or splatter.

Suppress it.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I always thought the delisle carbines were pretty cool. Granted they are an integral but if there was something like it minus the integrated suppressor that would be perfect. If you aren't stuck on 45 acp could look into a 45 colt handi rifle. Another option would be a lever action in either 44 mag or 45 colt. I have a marlin 1894C in 357 mag that I got threaded for a silencer. Super quiet with 38 specials.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    I always thought the delisle carbines were pretty cool. Granted they are an integral but if there was something like it minus the integrated suppressor that would be perfect. If you aren't stuck on 45 acp could look into a 45 colt handi rifle. Another option would be a lever action in either 44 mag or 45 colt. I have a marlin 1894C in 357 mag that I got threaded for a silencer. Super quiet with 38 specials.

Now that's speaking my language. When I first got the bug for another host, I wanted to do 45 LC, but couldn't find much info on them don't really feel like threading a vaquero or my Henry. A suppressed marlin sounds like a good idea. Does the suppressor interfere with the tube magazine?

Last edited:

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Now that's speaking my language. When I first got the bug for another host, I wanted to do 45 LC, but couldn't find much info on them don't really feel like threading a vaquero or my Henry. A suppressed marlin sounds like a good idea. Does the suppressor interfere with the tube magazine?

No it doesn't. I have heard that sometimes the tube has to be shortened a little bit so that it doesn't interfere with the silencer but don't think that was the case on mine.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans

I'm waiting on my stamp for my .45LC SBR mare's leg. I chose to use a chiappa 1892. I chose it because it looks REALLY easy to shorten the mag tube and then have the barrel threaded. The front sight is also integrated into the barrel clamp/band so it is easy to change out. I'm going to use an Osprey for it. I also chose the 1892 instead of a henry because i didnt want to have to unscrew the can every time i needed to reload.

pnn9806

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Metairie
    Quarter circle 10 has AR lowers that utilizes glock magazines. Small and large frame glocks. I'm waiting on their 10mm bolt and barrel. They're also on the way with side charging uppers.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom