Failed login notification

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Received this email this morning. Maybe the mods want to check into this IP address and possibly block it.

Dear nolaradio,

Someone has tried to log into your account on BayouShooter.com Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 199.87.154.251

All the best,
    BayouShooter.com Forums

DAVE_M

_________
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's happened to plenty of members, myself included. Just change your password and that's the end of it.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Why change it? They couldn't get in. If they did get in what could they do? Make improper posts? Post long gun ads in the pistol section? Don't worry about it.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    199.87.154.251 is an anonymous proxy IP from Canada know to be used by scammers and spammers.

I would ban it, but that takes an admin, not just a mod.

I'm sure Austin will be along later.

Hermit

Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    I got my first one today.
    Dear Hermit,

Someone has tried to log into your account on BayouShooter.com
    Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been
    prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15
    minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP
    address: 176.126.252.12

All the best,
    BayouShooter.com Forums

BigP623

Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    Yeah I also got one the other day as well. If they couldn't get in why change your password? Just let it roll they got blocked.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah I also got one the other day as well. If they couldn't get in why change your password? Just let it roll they got blocked.

Agreed. You don't need to do anything. I changed the message to this (below) so people don't worry as much about it.

Dear $user[username],

Someone has tried to log into your account on $vboptions[bbtitle] with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: $ip

Note from AustinBR: Please note - this message is entirely automated. The person attempting to log into your account is likely a spammer or a bot. By getting this message it means that your password was secure enough to keep the other person out of your account. If you suspect something else is up, please get with me and I can see about banning the IP or using other measures to protect your account. Otherwise, you do not need to do anything and you can disregard this email.

All the best,
    $vboptions[bbtitle]

nolaradio

Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Wasn't worried about it that much. This is the third time I had this happen to me. No big deal. Just thought I'd report it here in case a mod wanted to block the IP.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gautreaux
    Top Bottom