Found Wallet: Michael Hanley

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Good morning folks. While retrieving this mornings paper I found Michael Thomas Hanley's wallet. If anyone knows him please let him know where to find it.

Already made a post on FB. Messaged and friend requested him on FB. If ya'll have suggestions on how to contact him I'd appreciate it. No phone number in wallet, of course. The usual insurance card, credit cards and LA driver's license. He has an Abita Springs mailing address but from what googling I've done I think he and his family live here in Baton Rouge. Thanks!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    My girlfriend and I found all kind of wallets and purses over the years on the paper route. It was my job to try to track down the owners. One time I found a woman's wallet in Maurepas with right at $1000 in it and no DL. I found her sister and got it back to her. I saw the woman about two years later and told her I was the one that found her wallet. She didn't remember loosing it, she was a crack head. I tracked a kid one time for about 3 weeks to get his little wallet back to him, with his two gift cards in it.
    It's a good feeling when you find the people and get their stuff back to them.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My girlfriend and I found all kind of wallets and purses over the years on the paper route. It was my job to try to track down the owners. One time I found a woman's wallet in Maurepas with right at $1000 in it and no DL. I found her sister and got it back to her. I saw the woman about two years later and told her I was the one that found her wallet. She didn't remember loosing it, she was a crack head. I tracked a kid one time for about 3 weeks to get his little wallet back to him, with his two gift cards in it.
    It's a good feeling when you find the people and get their stuff back to them.

It's funny you mention it. Ironically you were the first person I thought of. I remember your paper route stories and wondered if maybe the paper man lost his wallet. Someone returned my wallet years ago. So, what goes around comes around. I'm usually trying to return wayward pets. This is much less worrisome, ha.

I think I'm on the right track, though. I believe he is employed by Ryder trucks where I left a message. There is a location close to my neighborhood. He's probably one of my neighbors who was walking, exercising etc. Maybe left his wallet on top of car.

I hope the kid's wallet made up for the crackhead's wallet!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    It's funny you mention it. Ironically you were the first person I thought of. I remember your paper route stories and wondered if maybe the paper man lost his wallet. Someone returned my wallet years ago. So, what goes around comes around. I'm usually trying to return wayward pets. This is much less worrisome, ha.

I think I'm on the right track, though. I believe he is employed by Ryder trucks where I left a message. There is a location close to my neighborhood. He's probably one of my neighbors who was walking, exercising etc. Maybe left his wallet on top of car.

I hope the kid's wallet made up for the crackhead's wallet!

It did they kids mama didn't know what to say after I knocked her her door and asked if he had a son named so and so. I said I found his wallet and have been trying to track him down. It was only about $20 on his two little gift cards but it was Christmas and wanted to get it back to him.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Good news! Wallet returned. Thanks for the help gents and have a great day!

That's great!!!

And it does come back around I lost mine at the DEMCO drive thru one morning and about **** when I got home and discovered it. When I was calling to cancel my debit card a man called and said he found it.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I dropped mine in a Walmart parking lot about a year ago. Realized it, went back, couldn't find it, cancelled every card. Went home pissed, some guy found it drove to my house to deliver it and wouldn't take a finder's fee. Some people....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I pulled one out of an airliners toilet one time that was clogging the dump valve. It had a couple hundred Canadian money in it. I took all the money out, washed it up and put it in a plastic bag and gave it (wallet and all) to my boss. I told him to see if the guy wanted it back, and if not, give me the money as I was going out of the country in a few weeks, and could exchange it at the currency exchange in Atlanta. Apparently the guy did not want it back, but I never heard any more about the money from my boss. What a POS!

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I lost my wallet on a dual sport ride up in AR a few years back. Cancelled various cards etc., a royal PITA as you can imagine.

Then about 6 months later I get a call from a guy who found it while walking down some backwoods road.

It was caked in mud and had swollen up so much I couldn't fold it over anymore.

He returned it and I sent him a care package of Louisiana food.

Yep, there's still good folks out there.

Dirty

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Years ago my buddy had a 4x4 truck in his shop here in Pride (northeast East Baton Rouge) for some kind of transmission problem.
    It's was full of old mud and dirt in every part of the undercarriage. When he started getting all the dirt out of it to pull the transmission he found a wallet jammed up in the dirt.
    He got all the info out of it and it wasn't the truck owner it was some guy from out of state.
    He asked the truck owner and he didn't know where it came from but said he had been riding in some deep mud months before somewhere in the basin.
    My buddy contacted the wallet owner and told him the story and the guy said he was in Louisiana and in the basin many months before and lost his wallet.
    So buddy boxed it up and sent it to him.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I pulled one out of an airliners toilet one time that was clogging the dump valve. It had a couple hundred Canadian money in it. I took all the money out, washed it up and put it in a plastic bag and gave it (wallet and all) to my boss. I told him to see if the guy wanted it back, and if not, give me the money as I was going out of the country in a few weeks, and could exchange it at the currency exchange in Atlanta. Apparently the guy did not want it back, but I never heard any more about the money from my boss. What a POS!

So, you get another wallet and tell your boss, it happened again. But this time, take a $20 bill and wipe your ass with it. Put that in a Ziploc and give it to him. It would be worth the $20 just to think about his face when he handles that bill.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    So, you get another wallet and tell your boss, it happened again. But this time, take a $20 bill and wipe your ass with it. Put that in a Ziploc and give it to him. It would be worth the $20 just to think about his face when he handles that bill.

YES! It's to bad I don't work there anymore. Emperor, I need to come to you with more of my problems.:)

Top Bottom