Paperwork received

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    The paperwork on my new Daniel Defense M4-300 Blackout-ISR (integrally supressed rifle) is in. Yipee Still waiting on paperwork for other stuff.

Last edited:

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    Brandon, unsure of date paperwork and when I send it. I ordered rifle via a local dealer in Metairie (Meplat). Took about 5 months total to order and dealer receive rifle, plus submit paperwork and receive tax stamp so I could take possession of rifle. It is a long and slow process. Plus, I have some other stuff that I am still waiting on and other stuff I have received already, so I don't recall the timeline. My thumb rule is it takes twice as long as I think is reasonable. BTW, nice dog pic. I used to have a weimeranger (spelling unsure). Best dog I ever had. Very gentle and loving dog.

Don't know how to attach pic, so here is link https://danieldefense.com/firearms/pistol-length-gas-system.html?SID=v4inhott7j9mei5987368hpp20

Last edited:

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    congrats! I went over to see kenny today. brought home a couple cans. Form from Apr 11th came back monday, the other was april 22nd and came back sometime later in the week. So both under 5 months. Quickest form for me was 3 months and 2 days, but that was earlier in the year.

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    I'll pose another question. My current plans are to equip rifle with EOTech 300 holographic sight plus the 1 x 3 magnifier. They total up to about $1,100. That is pricy for me. Anybody have any better suggestions or comments on this selection?

And NOShooter, it would be a small world moment if you were the guy coming in as I was leaving.

Last edited:

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    EOTECK 300 HOLO $500
    SIGHTMARK 7X MAGNIFIER $149

This combo is significantly cheaper

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I'll pose another question. My current plans are to equip rifle with EOTech 300 holographic sight plus the 1 x 3 magnifier. They total up to about $1,100. That is pricy for me. Anybody have any better suggestions or comments on this selection?

And NOShooter, it would be a small world moment if you were the guy coming in as I was leaving.

If you saw a big dude with lots of tattoos, then yep! :-)

If you are going to go that deep into an optic, I'd go with with a leupold VX6 1-6. Lighter, better zoom and very easy to reach out to the effective range of .300AAC (400 yds-ish.) (should be about $1K + Rings, maybe less)

I had a 1x red dot on mine.. It was boring. I have a fixed 3x on one of my .300 AR SBRs. You'd be surprised at how little of an issue a fixed optic is on an AR, if the reticle is right.

I like to shoot outdoors (I go down to Eymard's regularly) and I kind of hate red dots for anything bigger than a sub gun or shotgun.

Top Bottom