LDWF gets them a drunk off the water

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Ran into a mullethead offshore that had just gotten out of prison with 8 DWI's
    Simple told him that it sounds like he's pretty good at drinking, Just not worth a F'K at driving.
    I suggested he quit one so he could do the other.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Several times when reviewing NCIC records for previous offenses I've seen arrests noted as "Second First Offense" or "Second Third Offense" or some such nonsense, instead of keeping a proper running tally. After 10 years, it's okay if you've forgotten that it's illegal to drive drunk, now you get to start back at #1 again.

Side note for a funny story, one of my wife's longtime friends got a 2nd Offense from the department I work for, she ended up with an ignition interlock device. She told my wife one day she and "Fred" had to take a ride, and when my wife asked who "Fred" was, she said that was what she named the interlock, telling her that if she was gonna have to blow something several times a day, she wanted to be on a first name basis!

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    A side question about those interlock devices, I've always wondered if they keep a record of how many times someone blew into it drunk.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I've known several people with multiple DWI's and they still have their license.

Sadly, they won't stop until either one or two things happens.

I heard this drunk Dr. was on his way home from another Dr.'s house when he crashed and that Dr.'s son is a Judge in EBR so makes you wonder.

I heard he hit a tree and Onstar got him bused when the airbags deployed. :)

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    It's actually pretty sad how those people think. A boy that worked for me got his 8th one. But, and I quote, "it's inly my third cause they not on my record". To them, that makes it ok. That and there's always an excuse. One he got when he ran a stop sign. The excuse was "well, there's a stop sign at every corner there and there shouldn't be". In his mind, that made it ok. On another, "the cop was following me just waiting for me to do something wrong, he had it out for me" after he ran a red light. Always some excuse that makes it ok. Makes me sick. Gonna kill someone's baby one day.

Top Bottom