quickload info

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ebert

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    I am looking for someone on the northshore who can show me some pointers on my new quickload program.

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    Do you just have the Quick Load software? or do you also have the strain gauge system for pressure values? Good luck getting to know and understand the program, it can be helpful but putting actual loads together vs. testing vs. shot groups is a delicate balance with each different rifle.

The program is said to plug in certain values...some powders are not in the database. And from what others have told me and pistol data is not as precise in predictions as the rifle data. I had several guys crunch some numbers for me for pistol pressures and the pressure value was higher than it should be on some loadings.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I am looking for someone on the northshore who can show me some pointers on my new quickload program.

I don't know about Quickload. But what I don't get is each rifle is different, lots of powder vary and so on. So it is potentially a "garbage in" proposition.

I am assuming it is rifle data you are looking for. What has worked for me is the OCW method. Still I don't buy into what is best for 1 Rem700 will work for the next identical Rem700, well mainly because they aren't really identical from a internal ballistics standpoint. I do think they should be close, but once the point of fine tuning is reached I would expect some small variances in charge weight for peak performance.

Here is a link in case you care to read it.
    http://optimalchargeweight.embarqspace.com/

I can elaborate if you have questions. IMHO, OCW is not the "end all, be all" of load development, but a good way to narrow down where to look further for the best load. It is a good first past to get you into the ball park. It is just one method, but it is at least a method and does find nodes.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom