winchester 1300 defender compared tp 870/500

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Perhaps a new thread wasn't very necessary, but since you've narrowed your search, I still suggest you find a Wingmaster 870.

There are more readily available parts for the Remington 870 and Mossberg 500. Both are quite simple in design and are highly coveted by many. Do some research into why one would chose a Wingmaster over an 870 Express and you may change your mind on that Winchester. That being said, I've fired plenty of rounds through Winchester 1300's and I'd happily take a Wingmaster over one any day.

IMO, if I was looking for a defensive shotgun, I'd be looking into a Remington 1187 Police.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Perhaps a new thread wasn't very necessary, but since you've narrowed your search, I still suggest you find a Wingmaster 870.

There are more readily available parts for the Remington 870 and Mossberg 500. Both are quite simple in design and are highly coveted by many. Do some research into why one would chose a Wingmaster over an 870 Express and you may change your mind on that Winchester. That being said, I've fired plenty of rounds through Winchester 1300's and I'd happily take a Wingmaster over one any day.

IMO, if I was looking for a defensive shotgun, I'd be looking into a Remington 1187 Police.

Yeah, I could not figure out how to edit the title of the thread, and I wanted to add the Winchester to get opinions of those just glancing at the title.. I'm pretty low tech. If these can be combined with the new title, great, but I have no idea how. I am leaning towards the wingmaster. Thanks for the replies.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I've had a 1300 defender since the early 90's. I have a side folding chote stock on it and I love it. No need to add a mag extender with this one like some other pump guns.

Last edited:

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    I do not see any problems with the 1300, shot quite a few rounds with no issue. There seems to be less of an aftermarket for accessories but the gun is a solid performer in my opinion.

Top Bottom