Where to get gunfighter/battle belt set up around Baton Rouge???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Wow! Got some responses there. Glad several of them went to the question.

I totally agree with "train as you carry". That's AIWB for me. Having said that, it's not a mental stretch for me to go to appendix or the hip depending on where the weapon is. I have also been really resistant to the gunslinger type belts as I though they looked a little "tactical" for me, but as was said it gets to be a pain threading gear through belt loops and pouches.

I also don't think having a belt with pistol, mags, and a light that you can just reach under the bed and snap on is a bad way to to. You're right. I'll probably be in boxers and thought clipping a belt on would be a lot more efficient than putting on a pair of pants, threading a belt, then gearing up.

As it was said in a class I attended last year, "It's your gunfight". Wear what you want...

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I used to have a similar position. When shooting a pistol class, it's easy enough to carry concealed or put an OWB on a riggers belt with a double mag pouch. Things get trickier when your doing a carbine/pistol class though. Lacing through a holster, 2 rifle mag pouches and a double pistol pouch is a PITA, and after a very physical 3-day VTAC class, I had bruises all around my lower rib cage from being jabbed by all that gear while working around cars and barricades. Prior to that I was all about "train like you fight", and I am anti-G.I. Joe/poser/mil-sim, etc. I never served in LE or the military and I'm not trying to pretend like I am now. But I also like to enjoy myself and be comfortable while I'm at a class, shooting and hanging out with buddies. I finally tried a Brokos belt, and it was like night and day- soooooo much more comfortable, so much more convenient. I don't use a dump pouch, but I see guys that do and it looks awfully convenient, versus carrying a bunch of empty mags in your pockets. I still stick to the most low profile set-up that I can if I'm not using both platforms, but if I'm carrying a rifle and a sidearm on my person, the Brokos is the way that I go.

I have no illusions about the fact that I would not be able to "suit up" if something goes bump in the night, but I'm also not going to be grabbing both a pistol and a rifle. I feel like if you're doing classes on a regular basis that employ transitions between both platforms, a belt is almost a necessity, unless you want to do the whole chest rig/body armor thing.

Like you said, "train like you fight" in a home defense situation would be me running around in the dark in my skivvies, barefoot, with a rifle, which isn't really a viable option for most classes. Plus, I'm sure no one wants to see that anyway.

ETA: I am neither high speed, nor a "tactical guru." I just like to shoot, a lot, and I prefer to be comfortable when doing so.

I get it for going to a class to shoot a bunch of rounds and learn to shoot better. I think of training as in practicing realistic skills in a realistic scenario. It is highly unlikely that most here will be getting in a major gun battle where you will have your rifle,tac vest, and battle belt. It is not unlikely that you will get robbed or carjacked while wearing plain clothes and a concealed weapon or someone breaking into your house in true dead of night. I wasn't trying to be an ass but I feel that sometimes trainers let people get caught up in the cool factor while teaching them things that is not realistic in today's society. Practice is key, but I think I would be spending most of my time practicing what is realistic. Just my thoughts for what it's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Woah!
    b8sgpjem9kuw3hitir7k.jpg

Top Bottom