Major power factor load data needed for clays powder

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Looking for recipes for clays powder to make major power factor. Just starting out in single stack class with sti 45acp. Any info would be helpful. Grains used. Bullet weight. Type of bullet. Oal. Primers. I have clays powder with bayou Bullets 230 grain round nose bullets and cci and Tula primers. Sti is 5 inch gun.

pdufrene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Luling, LA
    I use 3.8gr of Clays and Win or Fed primers, behind a 230gr GAT lead bullet at 1.24" COL. It makes major in my Ed Brown 1911 and S&W 625 Revolver. Work your way up to it and don't take mine or anyone else's word for it. It's a super clean load. Since not all manufacturers bullets are the same shape, you will have to work with the COL length to get the best results in your gun.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    I use 3.8gr of Clays and Win or Fed primers, behind a 230gr GAT lead bullet at 1.24" COL. It makes major in my Ed Brown 1911 and S&W 625 Revolver. Work your way up to it and don't take mine or anyone else's word for it. It's a super clean load. Since not all manufacturers bullets are the same shape, you will have to work with the COL length to get the best results in your gun.
    Thanks. Ant recommendations for a belt set for single stack. Belt holster and mag pouches for single stack.

pdufrene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Luling, LA
    I don't shoot single stack, so I couldn't really give a good recommendation. I think the Blade-Tech and Comp-Tac holsters are popular, but I can't vouch for either.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom