Looking for indoor ranges near Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    Not a range but a very well stocked store, and right around the corner from Precision, check out Jim's Firearms, 5760 Siegen Ln, Baton Rouge, LA 70809.

rp85

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    baton rouge
    indoor range

hello;

bass pro has a very good indoor range, pistols only. nice folks running the range.

rp

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    hello;

bass pro has a very good indoor range, pistols only. nice folks running the range.

rp

A few things about bass pro I have found out, that might be good to know

NO RAPID FIRE, must wait 1+ sec between shots
    NO MAG LOADS, (44mag,357,41,500 ect)
    No holster draw shooting ( practice concealed carry draw)
    Unless you have a concealed carry gun must be checked in and bass pro lock installed before entering store, and only removed in the back at the gun range

So basically if you wanna go slow target practice, this is the place to go, if you want to practice draw and double tap fire clear and re holster, this is a no go, also if you would like to shoot 2-3 shot rapid fire groups you will be told once and then asked to leave on the second time they feel that you are shooting to fast

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    A few things about bass pro I have found out, that might be good to know

NO RAPID FIRE, must wait 1+ sec between shots
    NO MAG LOADS, (44mag,357,41,500 ect)
    No holster draw shooting ( practice concealed carry draw)
    Unless you have a concealed carry gun must be checked in and bass pro lock installed before entering store, and only removed in the back at the gun range

So basically if you wanna go slow target practice, this is the place to go, if you want to practice draw and double tap fire clear and re holster, this is a no go, also if you would like to shoot 2-3 shot rapid fire groups you will be told once and then asked to leave on the second time they feel that you are shooting to fast

Is the NO MAG LOADS a recent restriction? I shoot .357 mag from as many as 4 revolvers every time I have been there and no one has ever indicated that this was a problem. ?????

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    I haven't been in a while, but they had it in the rules at the range counter and had signs in the range it self that said " no magnum loads

Bigchillin83, I just got off the phone with the HMFIC at the Bass Pro pistol range and he states , as well as the posted sign, that pistol calibers allowed are "all", up to 44 magnum, no steel core or armor penetrating allowed. PS. The range will be closed for repairs Nov. 4,5 and 6th. Now.... GO SHOOT!

dwm1918

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Greenwell Springs, La.
    FRC will allow pistol and rifle. Opening with 7 25 yard ranges and will expand to 14 in 2016. Has state of the art target system and ventilation system. Air is filtered and recirculated every 60 seconds. It will be the premiere range in Baton Rouge.

Control panel for target carriers

IMG_0238_zpskpe3xdbf.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

25 yard range 7 positions

IMG_0237_zps4civamzm.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Armored position dividers with overhead LED lighting so you will be able to see your sights

IMG_0235_zps3zffveyw.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Air conditioning and heating system plus the air filtering system

IMG_0517_zps6orxtrm5.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom