Amite MultGun Match on 11-29-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Folks,

Well if the weather holds out we will run a Multi Gun Match an the last Sunday (11-29) of this month in Amite. We are limiting the match to 50 shooters and putting a 30 sec time limit on the stages to keep things moving. We don't want to be out there till dark. You can pre-register at "Lagator.org" or "TangiPractShooter.com" and I would suggest you do. It looks like we will have 3 stages again like last time and they will consist of a mix of paper and steel targets. We may have some skeet targets as well, just depends on if I get the holders made up in time. Keep watching this site for more information.

Thanks,

Bryan Guillory

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    More information for the Multi-Gun Match. There are only 2 classes, Open, can have optics on all 3 guns and extended magazines and Limited, which one gun can have an optic and shotgun can only hold nine and pistol mags limited to 140mm. Folks, we are trying to keep this simple and easy but can make it as hard as we need to. Scoring is time plus, steel must fall to score and you must have 2 hits anywhere on the paper. Not going to be any major/minor scoring. This is what we did last time to make things run smooth and easy.

Thanks,

Bryan

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Folks,

A little safety note. Last time we ran a multi-gun match, we required safety flags in all long guns since they would be left unattended. This same thing applies this time. You will need a safety flag for your shotgun and rifle. And no a empty round sicking out of the chamber is NOT a safety flag.

Thanks,

Bryan

M&P40JB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Not trying to make things difficult but I have a question about the shotgun in the limited class. Can the shotgun be capable of holding more than nine shells but you can only load up to nine shells, or, does the shotgun have to be capable of holding no more than nine shells? Again sorry for the ignorance and thanks for the help in advance.

Thanks,

Jeremy

mercurysys

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Slidell, LA
    I don’t think I would want to shoot a pistol that shoots 140mm. Come to think of it, I don't think I'd want to shoot any 140mm unless it was attached to something like a tank.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You need to slowdown, get off the coffee and reread that post. Mag length can't be more than 140mm for limited. Most of us already shoot USPSA and know the rules for LIMITED. Sorry if we or I confused you. You will need to shoot at least a 9mm handgun to be eligible to compete. If in OPEN you an have a mag length of 170mm & in LIMITED class only 140mm. Thanks for the concern.

Bryan

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I know that's why I responded like I did. Sheesh.
    It's ok cause it keeps the post up front and more folks see it. If anyone has questions, post it and we can get you an answer.

Bryan

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Ammo requirements for the Multi-Gun Match this weekend. You should bring 100 rounds each of rifle and pistol, along with 50 rounds of birdshot (NO Steel Shot) and 5 buckshot. The plan is to have a couple of bonus targets at ~40 to be taken with shotgun and you will need buckshot to take them down.

For those missing something, you need to be there at 0815 to sign in. If you haven't shot at this range before, there will be a new shooters briefing you will attend. We will try to start the match at 0900.

Remember we are only taking 50 shooters. I do not know how many are signed up at this time, so if you are planning on shooting and want to reserve your spot you will need to send Michele am e-mail on the "TangiPracticalShooter" web page.

Also, don't forget chamber flags for your rifle and shotgun.

Any questions, put a post on here or send me a PM and I will try to get it answered.

Thanks,

Bryan

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    For those that still can't find the web site for Tangi, it's www.tpsclub.org Then go to Match Registration there is where you will find the e-mail address. And for those still having problems here it is.

Match Registration
    To facilitate speedy registration and squadding on match day, please pre-register for the match by sending an email to TangiPracticalShooters@gmail.com with the following information: Name, USPSA#, Division, Classification, and any squadding requests.

Thanks,

Bryan

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well folks,
    We had 30 shooters come out to play Multi-Gun today. The weather was a little hot but no rain. Most all had a good time. We had buckshot and skeet flippers along with a good dose of regular targets. Lots of rifle targets and not near the shotgun rounds made things run faster. We were finished shooting by 11:45 and off the range by 12:30. All good day for all. I spoke with The Powers That Be & we might be able to put on another multi-gun match after to first of the year.

Bryan

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom