Shooting steel targets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Persecutor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Denham Springs, La
    Is it just me, or does anyone else get a big kick from shooting steel targets. Paper targets are good for seeing your grouping, accuracy, etc. But there's just something fun about hearing that "ping" right after you fire off a round!

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    That's why I like metallic silhouette. I've been shooting them since 1980. It's the most fun I can have on the range. Paper targets bore me to death.
    Agreed. Paper is fine for sighting in/grouping but for all around enjoyment I much prefer reactionary targets.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    sometimes paper is where it's at.

I agree. I do all load development and scope zeroing on paper. But for fun, it's always steel........unless I'm hunting. I also continually challenge myself by using smaller and smaller steel targets and longer and longer distances.

Last edited:

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    My range has slowly become all steel and I have to move stuff to shoot paper. For accuracy you can always go with smaller steel targets. Just don't accept misses.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I love shooting steel, I'll have to post some pics of my homemade swingers. But be careful. Not too close. Even 25 feet out can earn you some flesh wounds. Wear yer eye protection!

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Don't know where you've been but we compete on steel all the time. There is a match held monthly at Southern Shooting Center based on The Steel Challenge match. It's 5 targets you shoot as fast as you can hit them. Run each stage 5 times, throw out the worst run keep the rest for score. We shoot 6 stages. We have ~50 shooters at the each match. You look it up at "lagator.org" and the LSS tab. Come try it, you'll be hooked.

Bryan

Top Bottom