Glock 23 or Sig P250 compact

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hashler

Weekend Warrior
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Denham Springs
    I'm torn on which to purchase. I have had a 23 and regret getting rid of it everyday but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Friend has the p250 and swears by it and loves the DAO trigger. What info can you fine people provide to help me make a decision. Thanks in advance.

stag0608

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Luling, La
    23. That sig trigger takes a little getting used to. If you can shoot your buddy's sig. Then you can decide which one you like better.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Hard to go wrong with a Glock but If you want a good reasonably priced Sig check out the P320.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    Sig makes a lot of nice guns, the 250 is not one of them. Get the Glock, and don't look back.

Remarks like this are generally unfounded. I have a P250 and have grown to really like it. I had a tough time with the DAO trigger initially and blamed the gun. I shot it from a rest and it was dead-on. I began doing lots of dry fire exercises and low and behold, my groups tightened up and now it's a favorite. I like the modularity and multiple configurations available too. I originally purchased it because I wanted a compact for concealed carry. I liked the DAO because it had no switchable safety and a long trigger pull. This meant I would have to be a little more deliberate if I were to need it in a stressful situation. Practicing with the DAO P250 has improved my shooting for all types of handguns. The double action trigger scares many people away and some, like me, are humbled a bit by it. I have nothing bad to say about the G23, but if you are steering away from the SIG because someone on the internet said it was not a good gun, look a little deeper into it. I don't think you can go wrong with either myself, but the DAO is a hurdle for some.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Both guns are reliable and worthy of the job. I prefer the Glock. The 250 is just different and appears to be an acquired taste. It is still a good quality gun. It just failed to sell and ended up at Academy on closeout. Those of us who got them for $300-350 ended up with real bargains.

Top Bottom