CCW Class with Damian Leger of Acadiana Tactical Firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grispy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Lafayette, LA
    I was just browsing around and thought I'd give a quick review of a CCW class I attended last month. The class was held at a local hotel's business meeting room, taught by Damian Leger of Acadiana Tactical Firearms in Lafayette. I found this class on one of the Louisiana sportsmen groups I'm a member of on facebook. I've got to say, absolutely FANTASTIC teacher. We delved in to specifics on a huge array of subjects including general thought process and how to carry yourself to reduce potential threats. The class was a bit long, but well worth the time. I took a basic shooters course about 15 years ago when I was living in NY, and it lasted about 45 minutes. They taught us basic pistol function and not too much else. This class I took last month, ran about 12 hours. This included classroom instruction, lunch (provided by Mr. Leger, which we worked through) and some range time with a basic qualification. Overall, on a scale from 1-10, this was an easy 11. Very hands on approach. We used some replicas and some standard blue guns in class. He discussed timing and distance closing. It wasn't just reading from a book and a power point presentation like I expected. I truly can't say enough about how solid this class is. If you get the chance, I'd HIGHLY recommend it!

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Sounds like a good CCW class! I would look into taking another class or two that cover drawing the gun, maybe some multiple target shooting and such that you can't do at most public ranges.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom