Militia members take over federal building

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Just read about this. We hunted several ridges in the Malheur this year. Something tells me the Feds will win...

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The Administration will use this to call for gun control and whatever else they can dream up to further their agenda . Never let a crisis go to waste .

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Yup, they will cast all gun owners in the same light as these folks. I don't know enough about the details to say for sure, but turning to armed opposition isn't usually the answer. I don't condemn these people without knowing all of the details first.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    Well there was a ton of PR blowback after Waco; if the feds go in heavy it might not be so bad. Lot of good press can be made out of martyrs.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    The sons of Cliven bundy are involved.. they were neighbors to the ones who set the fires.. the guy was burning his fields and the feds said he was an arson.. he went to trial.. got convicted and sentence was time served.. the judge, didnt agree, and said, they get longer times..
    The rub, comes from the rancher having been there before the feds said it was their land.. when he burned his land, the feds said he was burning federal land..

the bundy sons are principled guys and wanted to stand up to support the family.. the family says they will report peacefully to prison..

I know its unusual to hear the land ownership thing here.. We are so used to the feds being involved with everything we do here do , mostly because the oversight for oil and the water ways we have here, but in texas and most other places , the feds are not nearly involved and the BLM is known to bully land owners. this is another example..

I have very strong feelings about the feds staying out of MY land and MY property.. Am I the only one??

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    The sons of Cliven bundy are involved.. they were neighbors to the ones who set the fires.. the guy was burning his fields and the feds said he was an arson.. he went to trial.. got convicted and sentence was time served.. the judge, didnt agree, and said, they get longer times..
    The rub, comes from the rancher having been there before the feds said it was their land.. when he burned his land, the feds said he was burning federal land..

the bundy sons are principled guys and wanted to stand up to support the family.. the family says they will report peacefully to prison..

I know its unusual to hear the land ownership thing here.. We are so used to the feds being involved with everything we do here do , mostly because the oversight for oil and the water ways we have here, but in texas and most other places , the feds are not nearly involved and the BLM is known to bully land owners. this is another example..

I have very strong feelings about the feds staying out of MY land and MY property.. Am I the only one??

Nope that's why I didn't condemn them without knowing the details. I support opposition to federal land snatching of personal property.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    It's hard to find an article on this that isn't slanted one way or the other, but the fact that they were convicted, served, and released... THEN they decided to go back and appeal for more time, is pretty ridiculous in my book.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    at the end of the court case, they received time served.. then at the end of the trial, the judge did not like the suggestion from the state and decided on the longer sentence.. .. thats possible in any trial case..

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Again, no clue what the bias of this source is (looks supportive to the ranchers) but this is what I've seen:

(r) On January 4,, 2013, Dwight and Steven reported to prison. They fulfilled their sentences, (Dwight 3 months, Steven 12 months). Dwight was released in March 2013 and Steven, January 2014.

(s) Sometime in June 2014, Rhonda Karges, Field Manager for the BLM, and her husband Chad Karges, Refuge Manager for the Malheur Wildlife Refuge (which surrounds the Hammond ranch), along with attorney Frank Papagni exemplifying further vindictive behavior by filing an appeal with the 9th District Federal Court seeking Dwight’s and Steven’s return to federal prison for the entire 5 years.*

(t) In October 2015, the 9th District Court *resentenced* Dwight and Steven, requiring them to return to prison for several more years.

source: http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/01/03/full-story-on-whats-going-on-in-oregon-militia-take-over-malheur-national-wildlife-refuge-in-protest-to-hammond-family-persecution/

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    The Hammond family seems to have been getting screwed by the BLM, maybe some Cheerios got pissed in along the way. The judge seems to have the displayed the most egregious act of abusing power. Appointed judges with no accountability are abysmal. Now back on topic wether the Hammonds were trying to do right or cover up any criminal activity I have no idea. As far as I can tell they accepted the courts ruling on the first occasion and the second, well we will see tomorrow. Apparently they also want nothing to do with the militia group who broke into and are occupying a building on the wildlife refuge.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Last edited:

Rebeldave

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Springfield la

Amen

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

I haven't paid close attention to this but I thought the land in question was leased from the government or sold to the government with the understanding that it would be leased to the seller. And at some point the government decided to end the lease which started the whole controversy. Is that true?

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't paid close attention to this but I thought the land in question was leased from the government or sold to the government with the understanding that it would be leased to the seller. And at some point the government decided to end the lease which started the whole controversy. Is that true?

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    Sounds like they've reached Box #3.

I hate to see things have to go this far, but fortunately (as long as we can keep it anyway) Americans can.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    IIRC, the clivens were there when BLM was started and under the agreement in the beginning they could do anything they were doing, at some point regime changed and BLM wanted more money or wanted to make a statement.. Regarding this new stand.. its his sons, not related to the original event.. other than attitude from BLM..
    I know this is overly general, I am not entirely familiar with it, I am just going on what I remember at the time.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Sounds like a bunch of derps with a death wish.

I'm barely know anything about these standoffs but I have the think the feds have pushed too far. Are these guys off their rockers? I dont know.

I will say though if pushed hard enough, i could be considered a derp with a death wish.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom