Frustrated with BR Police Supply/you don't have to use them for a LEO/Military Glock.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I had been trying to catch a single stacked 9mm glock there to give my sister (tiny hands) for Christmas without success.

I went in there today and asked to give them a copy of my military ID (which I had in my hand at the time) and pay for it, and have "one with my name on it" the girls didn't think that could be done, and the bald guy with the mustash was downright insulting when he informed me that he had been there "over 10 years" and "tens of thousands of glocks" and "they had never done that, no one did that, and you cannot do that"

This confused me, because I HAVE DONE THAT.

So I called glock.
    And they were GREAT.
    Turns out you CAN do that.
    The store can send in your ID or (this I didn't know) "I" can send it in and have it sent to ANY FFL. (Needless to say BRPS has lost a customer)

Although They CHANGED From "You HAVE to keep coming back until you catch one" to "You CAN have It sent here" once I put the Glock employee on Speakerphone...
    (I passed) and the Glock rep said he will correct them when he's there in a couple weeks.
    I've spent some money there in the past, the ignorance I can excuse (barely) but not the rudeness.

Barnies in N.O. either has then in stock, or will in a couple days FYI.

I figured people would want to know your not restricted to LEO dealers (although though it'll take 90-100 days to get, I've already waited longer)

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Too common a quality of FFL and dealers. They like to be condescending to your opinion or lack of knowledge. Rudeness and a general pissy attitude are something I've come to expect when entering gun stores I've not been to before, and I do not return if I get this treatment. They can take a legitimate request and make it seem absurd (like in your case) or take a simple inquiry and be very condescending due to your lack of experience on the subject. This is why I stick to dealers and gun store owners I know appreciate my business and are happy to help, even if it is rudimentary to them.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    https://us.glock.com/bluelabel

There are plenty of other reputable dealers in South Louisiana.

Interstate Guns may be a drive, but they will be happy to help you.

Baton Rouge Police Supply and Barney's are the only two Glock Blue Label Dealers of their type in LA.
    Others are Sub Blue Label Dealers that sell at GSSF Price which averages $30 more than the two listed above.

aceinyerface

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    I bought the G43 from Interstate Guns on a GSSF cert even though I live a few miles away from BRPS. I recommend Interstate, even at a few bucks more and a drive.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Baton Rouge Police Supply and Barney's are the only two Glock Blue Label Dealers of their type in LA.
    Others are Sub Blue Label Dealers that sell at GSSF Price which averages $30 more than the two listed above.

$30 more is worth not having to deal with bull****, wouldn't you agree?

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Yeah that wasn't smart on his part.

I bought a couple glocks last year at barney's since they didn't have them in Stock at the time I just put 200 down (100) towards each gun and payed the rest when they came in.

Silly people think working at gun stores make them experts on everything someone will always know more lol...

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I bought two guns from Barney's in Metairie last year and was very happy with the service there, everyone was extremely polite and helpful.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I will be surprised if D. H. calls you back.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I'll admit that I did not understand a good deal of what you wrote, but if it seems that the bottom line is that a person can order a gun directly from glock, get the blue label discount, and have it sent to an ffl of their choosing
    Is this correct?

ramsey6199

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    Purchased mine from Barney's in Lafayette. I believe they were waiting on stock order which was two weeks out. I received a call a few days later saying they were already in. I inquired about buying another and I believe they told me that they had already sold them all to fill back orders. They also told me that LEO and Military have first grab at these. I have since gone in and saw several in stock. Perhaps try them next time your looking..have had great experience from them so far.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    Just curious, as I am not LEO/Military, how much of a discount do you guys get?

Top Bottom