Rangemaster - Tom Givens - Combative Pistol - March 19-20

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    Greetings everyone.

This March you will have an opportunity to train with one of the best defensive firearm teachers on the planet, and I say that without exaggeration.

Tom Givens of Rangemaster will be here in Baton Rouge at the LSUPD range March 19th & 20th, 2016.

The class will be Combative Handgun. I've taken several of Tom's classes now and I can say without hesitation that no matter how much shooting or training you've done, running through this class will sharpen your edge.

This is the first review I did in 2006 (!!!) of a Givens class. I've probably taken... 5? 6? 7? more since then. I'm endlessly amused at how seriously I took myself at the time :rofl:

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207359

Three kids and ten years later, I have to say Tom's class has evolved with the world and is one of the very best ways to spend two days. At the end of the class you will be proficient with your gun - you will understand what you can and can't do. Great mindset lecture. Practical skills.

I suggest you bring 1000 rounds of ammo. People shoot anywhere from 600-800 on average. Electronic ears are a good idea but no necessary.

You need a quality gun, good holster (ideally one you use to CCW), three magazines at a minimum.

I've seen people try to shoot very small guns in these classes. It is only practical if you have already taken a class and understand how to manipulate your gun and won't need babysitting.

You need to be at the range for 8:00 AM. There are a bunch of people that are going to be on time and try to get every minute out of the class they can, please don't delay them.

Class is typically over around 5 PM-ish depending on class capability, the weather, etc.

Tuition is $450. You can mail a check

Rangemaster

1016 W Poplar Ave, Suite 106

Collierville, TN, 38017

Or use a credit card here (with a third party processing fee)

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/combative-pistol-course-2-day-louisiana-tickets-17821742311

I've said it before and I'll do so again as my brain breaks things down as such - you can't get one of the best attorneys, doctors, etc to travel to Baton Rouge & educate you for $28/hr. I occasionally convince Tom to come down here for that low, low rate you can have one of the best in their field teach you for two days and have fun with a gun in the process. Owning a piano and a gun are very similar - any fool can make noise with them but typically people that are very good with either one had a teacher and put in the time.

Last but not least, I typically put on a lunch spread as there are no easy lunch spots around there. I'm not trying to set any expectations but people are usually satisfied with my cooking. I'm probably going to do BBQ chicken and ribs but I'm subject to change my mind.

Top Bottom