FRC Indoor Range Open Today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    I work within a block of the range. By the amount of cars in the parking lot, it looks like the response has been very favorable.

I hope to stop by and check out their finished building.

Pdeben0045

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2015
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    Question on the eye protection.

Does prescription glasses count as eye protection at the range? In the case that its not, does ansi z-87 (osha rated) count and would i need the side shields?

I understand that as many safety precautions as possible is recommended, im just curious on the minimum required.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Question on the eye protection.

Does prescription glasses count as eye protection at the range? In the case that its not, does ansi z-87 (osha rated) count and would i need the side shields?

I understand that as many safety precautions as possible is recommended, im just curious on the minimum required.

In most cases, prescription eyewear is sufficient. Flying brass is not as harmful as the types of dangers you would typically find in the field, where Z87.1 eyewear is needed.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    In most cases, prescription eyewear is sufficient. Flying brass is not as harmful as the types of dangers you would typically find in the field, where Z87.1 eyewear is needed.

I would wear appropriate safety glasses. Besides possibly sending shards of glass into your eye, the safety glasses serve as sacrificial glasses so as not to damage your expensive prescription eyewear. Get a set that can fit over your prescription ones or get prescription safety glasses. Ansi Z87.1 is the standard.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I would wear appropriate safety glasses. Besides possibly sending shards of glass into your eye, the safety glasses serve as sacrificial glasses so as not to damage your expensive prescription eyewear. Get a set that can fit over your prescription ones or get prescription safety glasses. Ansi Z87.1 is the standard.

Sending shards of glass into your eye? WTF?!?! :rofl:

BTW, not all eyeglasses have actual glass lenses. My eyeglasses have Z87.1 rated polycarbonate and they don't look like the birth control goggles that the military issues.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Sending shards of glass into your eye? WTF?!?! :rofl:

BTW, not all eyeglasses have actual glass lenses. My eyeglasses have Z87.1 rated polycarbonate and they don't look like the birth control goggles that the military issues.

Those would clearly not be the ones i am referring to.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Those would clearly not be the ones i am referring to.

The guy asked if prescription eyewear was sufficient and asked about Z87.1 eye protection and splash guard/side shields. I would have agreed with you until you mentioned shards of glass...

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    If the class is Louisiana CHP, they have to be on that list. It's not an indicator that they're top-tier instructors. Hell, I'm on that list lol. I was more wondering about more advanced classes like combat pistol, carbine, etc.

dwm1918

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Greenwell Springs, La.
    Fiocchi ammo has non bimetallic bullets and we have this for sale at the range. American Eagle, PMC and Sellier & Bellot also advertise that their ammo also has non bimetallic bullets. Non bimetallic is available but it is expensive.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I visited this place with my wife today and had a great time. Facility is very nice, staff was very friendly. Had to fill out a short form and watch a 4 minute safety video to shoot, but once you are in the system, you are good. Lanes go to 25 yards and are clean and well ventilated. A range officer is watching from behind the glass at all times. The range officer needs to make sure you are good to go if you want to draw from a holster, but like the video and the form, one time only. No restrictions on how fast you shoot handguns as long as it is controlled fire. Not sure about rifles as I only brought two handguns and a shotgun. I was impressed with the target system, no simple toggle switch here. You can move it all the way out, all the way in, and step it out or in at .5 yard increments.

I will certainly go back.

brich99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    I also went, and brought my wife. She is new to shooting, and really enjoyed the experience. FRC is very new and clean, and it looks like the owners intend to keep the place very clean and inviting. Looking forward to checking out the shoot house when it is operational.

Top Bottom