FRC Indoor Range Open Today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregbonner57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Come see the newest range in the BTR area. FRC Range is now open at 9378 S. Choctaw. Come shoot or check out our retail store. We can be reached at 225-926-2550 or info@frcbr.com.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Although you said "No armor penetrating/bimetallic," I'm going to assume you also don't want anyone shooting M855, right?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Reading over the rules, I'm curious about some things that were not noted. Some should be standard protocol, but are not listed.

1) Are firearms checked before entering the range?
    2) Are loaded firearms (concealed handguns) allowed on the premises?
    3) Are shooters allowed to draw from the holster?
    4) Are shooters allowed to bring in their carry gun and remove it from the holster once you're at the firing line?

Also, not related to the rules...

1) Are there any areas open to firing other than the shooting lane enclosures shown in the photos?
    2) How many shooting lanes are potentially available? (Total)
    3) Are there Range Officers present in the range at all times? (Near the firing line)
    4) If no food/drink is allowed in the range, would I have to leave my lane, and return to the staging area for a sip of water?
    5) If there is a staging area, how large is it?

dwm1918

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Greenwell Springs, La.
    1- Cased firearms are not checked. If you have a firearm and no case it will be checked and you will be given a loaner case to place the firearm in while you are at our building. The case will be returned to us when you exit the building

2- No

3- You will demonstrate how you intend to draw from your holster and if deemed safe by one our range safety officers then you will be allowed to draw from your holster while on the firing line.

4-All weapons brought into our building must be cased. If you do not have a case we will loan you one which you will return when you leave our building.

1- We currently have 7 25 yard lanes. If business goes as expected we will be adding 8 additional lanes by years end.

2- See above answer

3- Yes, plus video surveillance cameras on all lanes

4- yes

5-No staging area. All gun handling will be done on your assigned firing line

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom