Streamlight Protac Rail Mount 1 & 2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Have any of you guys checked out the new lights from Streamlight? Looks to be a competitor for Surefire's Scout series.

I'm tempted to preorder the "2," as it's only $110. That's a huge difference compared to Surefire's $300+ pricing.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    That's a ton of light for the money, I had a minor problem with a 10 year old TLR1 recently, it came back better than ever in maybe a week or so, and no shipping to China like some brands

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Looks like the "1" retails for $99, so I really can't see what the application would be, when the "2" costs $109. Both have a high output and low output, and come with the tapeswitch and mount.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    1 looks like it works on multiple batteries, albeit at a lower output. Less light is better than no light if your trying to find CR123's at a gas station or something at 3 am cause you realized you ran out of batteries and your light is dead.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    1 looks like it works on multiple batteries, albeit at a lower output. Less light is better than no light if your trying to find CR123's at a gas station or something at 3 am cause you realized you ran out of batteries and your light is dead.

True, but I'd at least keep a few extra CR123's on hand when the light only requires one to run. The alternative of using one AA battery is neat, but it cuts it down to 150 lumens.

I wonder if these lights will bolt up to surefire m300 and m600 scout light mounts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I highly doubt it. The mount looks proprietary and could be the sole disadvantage of buying this over a surefire.

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    On m4carbine.net there was a thread started by Impact Weapon Componets. They said the Streamlight Protac rail mount 1&2 will be compatable withe the Surefire scout mounts.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    On m4carbine.net there was a thread started by Impact Weapon Componets. They said the Streamlight Protac rail mount 1&2 will be compatable withe the Surefire scout mounts.

Way to **** in my cheerios! :rofl:

Sounds like this light will be a winner.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Do want to see mo of this. Looks promising. I have been very impressed by Streamlight so far. Carried one for 5 years. Wow. Just realized that as I typed it....nothing but goodness so far.

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    Thats the same one I would like to get. I will pick one up later on for the price is hard to pass up.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Is it on a sbr by any chance?

Light position in relation the muzzle has a lot to do with wear. It shouldn't matter if it's an SBR or not, but I can see what you're getting at. That being said, I'm interested to know if these do hold up to extreme muzzle blasts.

Top Bottom